Skip to main content

Hi there,

I’ve switched over from another network and wanted to keep my old number.

I submitted the PAC with my iD order.

However, the SIM I received from iD does not seem to work. I spoke to someone on live chat this morning and they said there was nothing they could do and that they would cancel the sim and send a new one out.

They said I would have to contact 0800 049 0250. But I can’t use my phone to make calls…

Can anyone help with this? Many Thanks.

Unfortunately, if the SIM is faulty, you’ll need to wait for the replacement iD SIM you’ve just requested, @Pask01

Unless your handset is eSIM capable, then perhaps an iD online adviser might be able to provide an eSIM replacement.

I’ve been on Live Chat again and their response is:

A return was processed for you, because there was a system issue with affected the creation of your account. This means that you will have to return the handset, then place a new order so that we can start the process over.

Kindly be advised that you will have to contact the point of purchase so that they can assist with processing the return.

They did not respond when I asked for details on the returns procedure (whether I’d be receiving an email to explain this)

I don’t understand why they can’t send a replacement sim...

Why does the iD chat adviser mention handset in their reply, @Pask01

Your original post was about a SIM issue - perhaps there’s been a miscommunication.

I’ve no idea - I thought it was strange. I decided to DM on X and they seem to be more helpful there (although the issue is not quite fixed yet)...

I’ve no idea - I thought it was strange. I decided to DM on X and they seem to be more helpful there (although the issue is not quite fixed yet)...

Yeah @Pask01, that’s been my experience too - the customer advisers helping on iD social media, do seem much more effective than Live Chat. 

Hi @Pask01 

It’ll be worth noting that we don’t have a phone number for general customer support.

Please keep in contact with the team on Twitter.

Tom