Skip to main content

I stopped being able to connect to mobile internet with my Google Pixel 7a last week.  I have tried phone factory reset and new Sim with no success so have ordered an eSim to see if it works.  My new physical sim works in my old Google Pixel 4a so I could use it as a back up phone.  But if I install the eSim in the 7a and it solves my connectivity issue, can I still use the physical sim in the 4a if I needed it as a backup?  Thanks.

Not without having a different mobile number, @ChickpeaCharlie32

An SIM / eSIM can only be linked with one mobile number.   

Thanks.  So currently, I don’t know if the eSim will fix my issue in the 7a.  If it doesn’t, I’m left without a sim at all?? Or can I revert to a physical sim?  I’m scared to try the eSim in case it doesn’t work and I’m left without anything…  What would you do?

You can revert from iD eSIM to iD physical SIM, @ChickpeaCharlie32

Personally, I’d stick to a physical SIM - currently they're easier to switch between handsets.

I agree, I don’t want to go esim for my main number but my Google Pixel 7a is not working with a physical Sim despite the recommended factory reset.  I don’t know what other options are available to me apart from trying the eSim.  I’ve asked Google support what they suggest and am waiting to hear from them.  I can’t establish if this is a known problem with this type of phone or why connectivity would have stopped so suddenly on approximately 30th May - I don’t think that lined up with the new Android 14 release??????  I’m so confused...thanks for your responses.

If you’ve had x2 iD SIM cards working in your Pixel 4a, but not your Pixel 7a, it does seem to suggest there’s a problem with the newer Pixel handset, @ChickpeaCharlie32

Unfortunately, sometimes handsets go wrong. 

Thanks, software or hardware do you think?  If handsets go wrong, are they covered by warranty, it’s less than one year old?  I know we are getting off IDmobile topic but I’m appreciating discussing with a helpful human, I’m not sure what my next step might be with a faulty handset.  Thanks again.

The Pixel 7a should still be within the Google warranty period, if less than 12-months old.

You can discuss repair options in any Curry store, but I’d suspect they’d send the device to Google anyway. Cut-out the middleman, and perhaps save time, @ChickpeaCharlie32

Hey there @ChickpeaCharlie32, welcome to Community!

Due to the issues raised, I’d recommend contacting our live-chat ASAP for further assistance:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thank you,

Tyler