Skip to main content
Solved

DATA ROAMING NOT WORKING IN FRANCE

• 23 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Data is not working in France. I can make phone calls and send text messages but I’m unable to use data. Can anyone advise on how to fix this issue?

Did you find a solution as have the same problem 

Hi @Steelmen91 @Benble,

Welcome to the Community!

Whilst in France please can you try and connect to the following networks BYTEL/BOUYGTEL, Free Mobile and Orange.

Can you also confirm which make and model handset you are using?

It may also be worth double checking that roaming is enabled on the handset and the iD Mobile app.

Kash

@Kash I have an IPhone, unfortunately ID were unable to help, it appears ID have not enabled IPhone users to be able to change the APN and looking at others with the same problem the only solution is to leave ID to be able to use it in France 

Hi @Benble 

I’d recommend trying the following;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset eDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

21/08/24

I've just had the same issue with my Android phone not being able to roam in France. I tried everything like resetting the network settings, turning phone off/on, disabling Sim....

Eventually resolved it when I found a link to  resetting my APN details as per screenshot  below. It seems because I have a SIM only contract that the APN (Access Point Names) in advanced network settings was not set to ID correctly.

It now works perfectly with full 4G.

Good luck 🤞 

Hi @DJS31,

Glad to hear that this is resolved and thanks for posting your fix.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash