Skip to main content

non of my text messages send

• 12 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Non of my text messages seem to send 

Hi @Cessair Kilty,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are using an iPhone it may be worth trying the below:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If you are using an Android, please try the below:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number. Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Please let us know if you still have issues.

Kash

I am having the same problem. I have tried all your steps above on iPhone and still experiencing the same issue. I have contacted Apple and they could not help - they advised speaking to you

Hi @Elliot Clark 

Sorry to hear this, it may be worth then trying a replacement SIM card, these can be picked up from any Currys store and activated here.

Alternatively we can assist in having one delivered, we’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

Hello, I don’t use a physical SIM, I have an ESIM contract with iD. Is there anyway to fix this without having a physical sim?

Thanks

Hi @Elliot Clark,

In this case you can request a replacement eSIM via Live Chat.

However it sounds like it may be an issue on Apple’s side.

It may be worth deleting the eSIM and testing the new one as this is usually the fix.

Kash