Skip to main content

Hi,

I had my confirmation message this morning from my previous provider to say my service with them had now been cut off. I can see that my phone number has not ported across yet and its been almost 5 hours, is this normal?

Okay @Ricky366, the guidance from iD Mobile states it might take until 10pm for your switch to be completed, on the date scheduled.

When I switched to iD Mobile, my old provider disconnected my old SIM at around 11am, and my number transfer over to iD was completed at around 3pm. Sometimes it takes longer.

Thanks @andewhite , i think the switch over has happened now but i am getting a bounce back message everytime i send a text to say that it hasnt sent, even though it has

I’d suggest turning off your handset (overnight), having removed the iD SIM card, and then try again tomorrow, @Ricky366

🤞

Hi @Ricky366 

How are you getting on with this?

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Tom

My existing number was due to be changed over to my new phone on Tuesday. It’s now Thursday and both phones ring to incoming calls but texts are only functioning on the old handset.

Can anyone help?

I’m having the exact same issue Bennytet. Tuesday was my switch over day and yet I’m still having to carry round two phones. 
Carphone warehouse as much use as a chocolate teapot.

pac code etc all provided so not sure what the hold up is.

Hi @Bennytet & @Ashley89 

Are you sure you don’t have iMessage/RCS enabled on the previous device? We’d recommend switching these off on your old device.

Tom

Have switched it off now. I will get my wife to text so we can try it out and let you know.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Hi @Bennytet,

I hope that you managed to resolve your issue.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Kash

Not yet Kash,

I think I need to wait till my old contract ends in 10 days...

Thanks for asking

Hi @Bennytet 

Do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom