Skip to main content
Solved

Switching IDMobile Sims / Service

• 24 July 2024
  • 7 replies

I have two ID Mobile SIMS one on contract and one PAYG, I would like to switch the numbers / contracts across the two SIMs / contracts, is this possible

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @ChicoM69,

Unfortunately not, please refer to this article.

Thanks.

Ok so I move the ID Mobile PAYG number to another provider for say a month, then move it to another ID Mobile Fixed Term contract after that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is an option @ChicoM69, a triangle port. You don’t even have to wait a month! If you purchase a Pay as you Go SIM from another provider (Vodafone, EE or O2), you can switch your number to them, and often after 24-48 hours are able to generate a PAC to switch back to iD. Thanks.

Just seems odd to have to go through that to get another deal with ID Mobile. IfI can find the same or better deal on the other network might as well do one move and stick, looking at iPhone 15 Pro Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Unfortunately, not being able to port internally is the same with all UK mobile networks @ChicoM69

What happens when you simply try to Upgrade https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades?

Thanks.

No iPhone 15 pro max deals

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Okay @ChicoM69, in that case please follow my original advice, but I appreciate it’s a little long winded.