Skip to main content

To set up an esim whilst still being able to use my physical sim, doI need to have two separate plans?

I’m really struggling with being able to set up a plan to received an esim QR code.

Hi @Sophie W,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi @Sophie W,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

im having the same problem 

Hi @cody swindell 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

I am am considering buying a new smart watch. I would like to know if I buy an LTE enabled watch, can I use my existing mobile number with the watch eSIM. I other words, 2 devices with the same mobile number. 

Hey there @ThadeusB, welcome to Community!

We only officially support the usage of our SIM cards/eSIM cards in our supported mobile devices on our website. 

We don’t support the usage of cellular features on smart watches, iPads, tablets etc etc.

So to confirm, your eSIM may work on your smart watch unofficially, but only certain features will work I’m afraid.

Devices such as tablets and wearables that have eSIM only, will often be marketed as ‘Cellular’. This means that they have the potential to send and receive data using a cellular network, usually over 4G or 5G, just like a mobile phone. Unfortunately, iD Mobile customers won’t be able to use the cellular function on devices such as Apple Watches.

Thanks,

Tyler

Hi Tyler, how do I mark it as Most Helpul Answer?

ATB

Phil

Hi @ThadeusB 

We’ve marked it as such now, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom