Question

Text messages won't send or receive

• 16 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Can’t send or receive any text messages. Been with ID for 2 years. No change to phone. Checked coverage in this area and all good. Tried turning off and on phone. Other family member having same trouble and ID too. 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

I'm having the same problem. I've tried restarting, and switch off and remove sim. Nothing seems to help so far. Is this a network fault ?

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same problem with my text messages too, can make calls ok just not messages.

I'm having the exact same issue! It's only today it's started, but nothing I've tried has fixed it..

I cannot send text messages, despite having a good connection. I can send Whatsapp messages and get onto the Net. Have tried installing updates but nothing helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think it is a service wide issue as there are a lot of these posts today, I cant send either. Im waiting on the live chat now to find out

Userlevel 1

ID online chat have now said

We are currently experiencing a technical outage regarding sending and receiving text messages and calls.

We have escalated this to the technical team to have this resolved.

Kindly note that the issue started today and the technical team will do their utmost best to have this resolved as soon as possible.
I do apologize for the inconvenienced caused

Userlevel 1
Badge

ID online chat have now said

We are currently experiencing a technical outage regarding sending and receiving text messages and calls.

We have escalated this to the technical team to have this resolved.

Kindly note that the issue started today and the technical team will do their utmost best to have this resolved as soon as possible.
I do apologize for the inconvenienced caused

I just got a similar reply too, thanks.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, Our technicians are aware of the issue and it should be resolved within 3 hours. If not please do contact us back

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. Just checked after trying all suggestions from Apple and realised it’s an ID technical issue. Will check back again. It’s been happening since 9.30am this morning.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi All,

We did have some network issues relating to the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

Will

Userlevel 1
Badge

All resolved now. Thanks Will. 
S

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for the update @Shej 

Why iD Mobile?