Customer notice: Suspected fraudulent texts

• 3 July 2023
  • 8 replies
Customer notice: Suspected fraudulent texts
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

We’ve been made aware that some customers have received text messages from numbers, falsely impersonating and claiming to be iD Mobile.

Below are some examples of fraudulent texts that we are aware of: 

Text 1:

“iD Mobile: Your direct debit failed to process for this months bill. To avoid account restrictions please visit: https://id.mobile-plans.---”

Text 2:

“iD Mobile: We have been unable to confirm your details for this month's payment. To avoid suspension of your line, please confirm your up to date details via the following link: <<link>>”

Text 3:

“iD Mobile: Your latest payment has been unsuccessful. Please update your details here:  https://bit.ly/3tNuzLK”

Text 4:

iD: Your monthly payment failed, in order to continue using our services please verify your details here: <<link>>

Please note these messages are not from iD Mobile. If you receive a message such as the above, do not click the link and enter your details, as these will not be safe.

For more information on how to spot fraudulent activity such as phishing, smishing and impersonations, please view the articles below:

In addition, if you have knowingly received fraudulent text messages claiming to iD Mobile, please comment the exact phrasing below, so we can investigate the genuineness of the message and then add it to the list above, if need be. 

Please stay vigilant. 

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Assume nothing

Believe no one

Challenge everything

If it sounds too good to be true it likely is.

If it’s a link don’t click it, if it’s a company you use go to the site manually or call customer services.

They prey on fear and busy lives.

Think before you click remember your ABC

I fell for it!!! I’d just got off a 26 hour flight, I’d never normally get pulled in by it. What do I do now?

Userlevel 1

If you entered your ID Mobile credentials, change them asap and if possible turn on MFA (multi factor authentication)

If you’ve paid a “bill” speak to your bank/credit card company they might be able to stop the payment or charge back the criminal.

I have checked the link even Google detects it as dodgy/phishy… surprised your phone browser didn’t (set Chrome as your default)

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Adrian Groom

A member of the team will be in contact with your via direct message here on the Community as soon as possible. 

As mentioned by @Creatureofhabit, I’d recommend contacting your bank as soon as possible to inform them of any possible fraudulent activity taking place. 

We’re working on getting the site removed. 

Thanks, 

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

I have reported to https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/about-this-website/report-scam-website and the Microsoft phishing reporter. Not done Google as they clearly detected it already, but why they still allow you to bypass is beyond me when it’s clearly nefarious 

Hi, unfortunately I have entered a wrong email when placing my sim only order. Subsequently it was corrected- I reached out customer service over Twitter and I was told that my email is now fixed. I have bow received my sim. However, I downloaded the ID app from the App store but I am unable to register using my email. I am getting an error saying “ Email already in use”.

My sim has stopped working for no reason. 2nd time this has happened. Chat is impossible to find.

Hi, unfortunately I have entered a wrong email when placing my sim only order. Subsequently it was corrected- I reached out customer service over Twitter and I was told that my email is now fixed. I have bow received my sim. However, I downloaded the ID app from the App store but I am unable to register using my email. I am getting an error saying “ Email already in use”.

RESOLVED:: It’s all sorted now

Why iD Mobile?