🚨 RESOLVED: Call issues affecting some customers.

• 16 January 2024
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

**Updates**

16/01/2024

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. Also, due to a high number of customers attempting the access the iD Mobile app and My Account online, some customers may experience issues being able to log in. If you do have any issues logging in, please try again after a couple of hours. 

10:40 PM: The network issue has now been resolved. The team will continue to monitor the network throughout the night. My Account online and the iD Mobile app as also back up and running.

17/01/2024

9.30 AM: We’re aware that some customers are still experiencing the call issue. We’ve raised this to our network partner and they’re investigating. For the time being, if possible, you can use apps such as WhatsApp to make calls. 

If you are still experiencing issues with making calls or getting cut-off mid-call, please contact our Live Chat 

76 replies

Userlevel 1

We had an issue a few weeks ago where there was no service at all for a day or two and now this issue. This is by far the worst mobile company I've been with. I drop nearly every call I ever make its totally unacceptable and I want to cancel my contract and go elsewhere if possible.  Do id mobile look at these comments? I've recently lost both my parents and have numerous calls to make as you can imagine. Speaking to government offices etc is bad enough at best of times but when you're holding for 40 min and then the phone cuts off for no reason even while at home with WiFi calling its just not good enough. 

Userlevel 1

It’s happening to me aswell we should get some sort of compensation for the inconvenience it’s a joke 

Userlevel 1

Me too! I use my phone for business so highly frustraing

Userlevel 1

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: The team have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

If you've identified the cause I could you share what it is?

Userlevel 1

Any update as to when this is going to be fixed ???

Userlevel 1

6pm, still doing this, hope it gets resolved soon, its an embarrassment.

Userlevel 1

I was trying to contact the GP for 1 ½ hours this morning getting cut off 4 times when I did manage to get in the queue. Now going to have to try again tomorrow whilst at work and if this issue isn’t fixed I guess my daughter won’t get seen AGAIN. Not at all impressed with the lack of access to help either.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

This is appalling. I have dropped out of calls to the doctor, person calls and business calls. This is just not acceptable. And downright dangerous as my daughter is on the same network and uses her phone to ensure safety on dark walks home.  Really furious at this situation.  

Userlevel 1

I’ve had calls dropping all day with no apparent cause,

it’s only been since early evening that the corresponding voice message

your service dose not allow access to this number“ has accompanied the disconnect,

that in turn lead me to this forum post, 1st issue of any sort with ID over the 14 months I’ve been with them, so definitely not the norm.

Issues arise & faults occur from time to time, let’s hope it’s a quick fix.

Tho ID not having the capability / incentive to push out network status messages dose show cause for concern.

Tom…

Userlevel 1

Same thing with me. It's still happening now. Random message and cut off, or just cut off with no warning. 

What is the timescale to resolve this?

Userlevel 1

**Updates**

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. Also, due to a high number of customers attempting the access the iD Mobile app and My Account online, some customers may experience issues being able to log in. If you do have any issues logging in, please try again after a couple of hours. 

HOURS…….. WTF are you doing?

Userlevel 1

Dear ID Mobile,

I was one of many users impacted by this service failure today - 16/01/24, when trying to make calls, the problem started for me at 09:00 and continued throughout the day.

Your updates note that you’d identified the fault by 16:30 and resolved it by 22:40, however you don’t confirm what the problem was, and searching the community, it seems the same problem occurred three years ago?

Surely, best practice dictates that historic problems and associated resolutions are documented for prompt resolution in later occurrences, which makes it surprising that it took over 12 hours to resolve this time?

I’m sure you realise that there are a lot of frustrated users on this thread and there are probably many more that don’t have access to the community but who may have been stopped seeking help by the loss of the ID Mobile App, however, by not being transparent about what the problem was, and by not resolving it in a timely manner suggests that ID Mobile does not value its customer base, which I’m sure is not the case.

Can you therefore advise about what the problem was today, why it happened again after it’s occurrence three years ago, and why it took so long to resolve this time, as answers may help ID Mobile customers to understand the issues that impacted them today?

Very many thanks.

Userlevel 1

I am still having issues it’s not been resolved. I have very important phone calls today. Can you please help ID 

Userlevel 1

Still not able to make calls. My mobile is literally my business. What is going on?!?

Userlevel 1

@iD Mobile no update from 9pm lastnight? Seriously? 

Userlevel 1

Adding my name to this list of shameful customer service. I’ve only had my sim less than a week!

What do you think, @iD Mobile? Should I have stayed with Vodafone? Sure looks like it!

Userlevel 1

Disgusting service also getting same problem and use whatsapp it would help if my data worked no 5g 4g bearly usable

Still got the problem - this is now day 3 without a service! What dreadful performance from IDMOBILE, and no communication about when this will be fixed! All I can think is that they’re deliberately trying to drive customers away!!

Userlevel 1

Hi is this to do with the message "Sorry your service does not allow access to this number" I am getting each time I try to make a call? Thanks 

Userlevel 1

I had this as well today. In the middle of a conversation then cuts out with a service issue. 

Userlevel 1

I had this as well today. In the middle of a conversation then cuts out with a service issue. 

Yes same happening to me, but still  ongoing unfortunately.  Very annoying! 

Userlevel 1

Not a good day for this to happen, some very important phone calls were cut off. Extremely frustrating is it sorted now?

Userlevel 1

I'll be seeking some sort of compensation as you've really lost me work and I can't get thru to hospital about my daughter appointment totally unacceptable sort this today or I'm going to make a claim 🛄

Me too....please contact us all directly when the issue is resolved.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it’s grey area, but current terms & conditions state: 

Why iD Mobile?