Blog

Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

• 13 January 2022
  • 90 replies
Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 1

love to unwind by getting a hydrating face mask, burning some incense and having a glass of wine in the bath 🛀 

Userlevel 1

A good walk along the seafront followed by a bag of chips watching a glorious sunset.

Userlevel 1

Have a healthy and cheery 2022 

Userlevel 1

Everything can work 😊🌱

Rise above ⭐️

Userlevel 1

When I'm feeling down, I like to call one of my close friends and disappear down the phone for 2 hours. Instant laughter without having to leave the house.

Feel grateful for food in my belly and a roof over my head because some poor folk don’t have that and most people take those two things for granted.

Userlevel 1

I got out of hospital today after an operation I've waited THREE years for. I purposely guided my thoughts to create and list projects I've been unable to do pre the operation. I stood and leant on crutches looking across to the Woods and Moors filling my soul with the promise of time to be spent enjoying these beautiful gifts of nature in the coming months. And I thanked the powers that be for the operation and vowed to make valuable use of the outcome of the operation. Namaste 🙏

Userlevel 2

I used to feel guilty when I wasn’t ‘doing something’ on my days off...but now just sitting and reading a good book is my idea of heaven. 

Userlevel 1

When I’m feeling a bit down or stressed, I hit the gym and exercise. I do a HIIT class if I’m stressed or a bit of Yoga if I just need time to myself. I also enjoy the social side, theres always a friendly face and exercise makes me feel so much better afterwards.

Userlevel 1

As a Freemason I find engaging in charitable work to be spiritually uplifting. Knowing that you have in some way eased the burden on others is heartwarming, and it reminds me of the great many things that I have that I am grateful for. How could I be blue after contemplating my many blessings.

Userlevel 1

A walk in the park, let's my feet forget my woes. 

I like to see plants grow, so I bought 4 new Amaryllis bulbs which developed some beautiful flowers and cheered me up. My Christmas cactus forgot that it was not Christmas and just kept on producing more flowers.

Green Tea, blanket and sitting in the garden.

Userlevel 1

I make sure l start a fast and then drag the family out for a walk! 🏃💪😆👍

Have a nice cup of tea! 

watch tv

I like to do some reading and going for daily walks to boost my moods I feel that really helps me 

Go for a walk, do some yoga, play with my cats

When I'm feeling blue I go through my memory box, remembering each and every one of the things I put it in it. A pebble from the beach the first time I kissed my husband when he asked me to be his wife, a pressed flower from my wedding bouquet, the last birthday card from my Mum before she died, a drawing from my Grandchildren, or photos of my Children when they were babies. I drift away into all the good times and memories with each and every item I put in it and think of all the good things yet to happen

Swimming every day helps sort my head

Find one thing every day that makes me smile

When it all seems too much i literally empty my head onto paper & tell myself i’ll deal with it later, this is especially helpful if i can’t sleep.

I love to rewind and relax with a nice book in the winter with a nice cup of hot chocolate in the summer in my back garden on my sun lounger it reminds me of my holidays abroad 

Userlevel 2

I make myself a latte and sit down to drink it with a bakery treat. I then count my blessings (and there are many) and remind myself there really is nothing to feel blue about really. After that, I get off my backside and message, ring or visit someone who is probably feeling bluer than me and try to bring a little sunshine to their day, which in turn brings sunshine to mine.

Userlevel 2

Get out in the fresh air. Preferably on a bike

Tell anyone who will listen how appalling ID mobile is.  

Userlevel 1

A nice bag of Blackcurrant and Liquorice boiled sweets always cheers me up.