How to spring clean your phone

• 24 February 2023
  • 73 replies
How to spring clean your phone

Show first post

73 replies

For a wood Fire scrunched up newspaper cleans glass really well and doesn’t smear.

To spring clean my phone, I install a new launcher. Still miss Buzz Launcher, as they’re all pretty similar now, when 5 years ago we had 3d and all sorts.

Userlevel 2

Start by decluttering and organizing your space. This will make the actual cleaning process much easier and efficient.

I love cleaning my phone screen and putting on a new screen protector, it’s like getting a new phone

Userlevel 1

Use magic eraser sponge to clean all your kitchen cupboard doors.

and Astonish paste to clean your worktops!

I design kitchens and find these products amazing!!

Userlevel 1

I have 3 piles when spring cleaning, for all the stuff I don't need. One is for the dump, another charity shop, other is sell. I usually put the money made towards a family trip somewhere. Also motivates the little ones to get rid of stuff they never use. 🙂

After descaling the kettle, if you have a stainless steel sink and drainer, use the descaling solution to clean it. You may need to rub it a bit but it will will remove limescale and sparkle! 😊

My top tip is this: if an app is not used in a whole month, then it must be uninstalled immediately. Realised I don’t really need apps at all. 

Userlevel 1

Uploading old photos to your chosen cloud (I like google drive which is free) or a free photo storage service (e.g. Amazon photos, free with Amazon Prime membership) and deleting them from my phone memory is a great to free up lots of storage quickly.

I would love this robot vac as I’m disabled so it would be one less job for my hubby to do.

So vinegar and paper for cleaning glass. Best method and cheapest! 

Userlevel 1

Magic sponge on shower screens to ensure no line scale or grime shows

Userlevel 1

Top tip: Before hoovering the sofa, carpets or car upholstery, sprinkle baking soda over it 10 mins before. It clings on to the stink my mucky dogs leave behind and is more cost/effective than buying the shake’n’vac tubes :) 

The best cleaning hacks /tips

Always vacuum the floor before wiping or mopping.

Use white vinegar instead of fabric softener.

You can clean your washing machine inside with a fish washer tablet. When empty put the dishwasher tablet in and run a hot cycle.

Best tip of all don't clean the house when the children are playing in it, its like asking a child to brush their teeth whilst eating Oreo's 😁

Helpful 

A little each day keeps the chaos away!

Userlevel 1

Top tip … only do it on February the 29th.

I blast it one evening a week and one day on the weekend.

Top tip is to get the dog groomed so there is less dog hair everywhere. 

My top tip is to take it 1 room at a time when decluttering so you don't become overwhelmed!

My top spring cleaning tip is think about what you'd miss if you were moving house and get rid of the rest!

Userlevel 1

The fastest way to spring clean is to get your partner to do it. Works every time 😃

Userlevel 1

I always start by decluttering my wardrobe, never thought before about doing my phone.

My top tip is to make sure the kids are out because nothing ruins a good clean like kids instantly undoing all the hard work!

Amazing! I love spring cleaning and the phone is with us all the time. Cluttered phone, cluttered mind