June Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

June Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

41 replies

When we were young, our family would travel to Bournemouth for our summer holiday. And we would spend every day, come rain or shine, on the beach. Every day was the same routine, but we loved every minute. Especially if it started raining, as our Dad would count how long it took to pack everything up and get under shelter. And challenge us to beat the previous time. Lots of sandcastle and sand sculpture building, inflatables, cold sea water, and sandy sandwiches. Simple holidays, filled with laughter :-)

Userlevel 3

Probably Florida for my honeymoon. Our daughter was a year old at the time and loved the theme parks!

Userlevel 1

The year we grew strawberries in the garden, and my son went to town on them every day he played out there!

Userlevel 1

In hindsight a very memorable and now cherished memory is when we were on holiday as a family by the coast. Me and my brother were relaxing in the sea after a good day rock climbing, up and down some of the nearby cliffs. We thought it’d be fun to run along the breakwater to jump into the sea from it, but were both knocked off by a giant wave and later, at the hospital, found out we’d both broken something. It changed the course of the holiday, but we had some good time together to just hang out, and it’s a funny memory to look back on!

My the most cherished memory is when my second child was born nearly three years ago in august as a cute tiny addition to our family of four now.And now big lady, making great team with her older brother makes us happy every day.So treasured memory while we were in hospital in Lincoln and Red Arrows were practising their air display and I told her it is because she was born a few minutes before.

Userlevel 1

Family bbq in South Africa, eating all my favourite foods!

Userlevel 1

My most cherished summertime memory, was the relief I felt when I found out that there wasn't actually any crocodiles in the reservoir we were swimming in.

Userlevel 1

2018 word cup when football almost came home 🌈

Userlevel 1

Everything just seems so happy and a loving friendly time

Userlevel 2

Impromptu visits to Bournemouth when the weather was nice when we were little.  Fish and chips, ice cream and fun on the beach.  Happy days :-)

My most cherished memory this summer is listening to birdsong in the morning and evening , we don’t normally get to hear them but when lockdown happened the world went quiet and it allowed all the wildlife to surface and we could hear the birds singing . 

Userlevel 1

On a hot summers day when I was young I used to sit on the side of the street and paly with the melting tar in between the cobblestones.

Userlevel 1

Walking from Brighton to Lewes with a big group of friends and a very happy doggo. It remained a glorious day and at the end we were greeted to a nice cold drink and delicious pub lunch. 

Userlevel 1

June 2015, taking my Dad to Design Museum in London. Turned out my 3dprint was a competition winner and walked back over Tower bridge with a very heavy V3 3d printer (they did offer to send it to me by courier but I wasn't going to chance it😅).

In 1964 my Mum, Dad and I travelled from Edinburgh in our left-hand drive VW Beetle and did the coasts of England down from the Lake District via Morecambe, Weston super Mare, LandsEnd, Dorset, Sussex, Yorkshire  and back to Scotland.

The next year we did a round tour of Scotland but in a different car-a Warburg-does anyone remember them?

Great days.

Userlevel 2

1 July 2016. Quarter Finals in Euros 2016. Wales v Belgium. First time Wales had qualified for the competition. Belgium were favourites to lift the trophy. Belgium were ranked 2nd in the world. The game was in Lille - virtually a home fixture for Belgium. Wales were outsiders. Wales were just happy to be there. But Wales won. 3-1. What a game. And I was there 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Why iD Mobile?