May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

62 replies

My most used appliance is my Laptop. Since lock-down has prevented working in the office, I’m working from home on my old laptop. I’d want to upgrade it so that opening a file or web browser doesn’t take about 10 minutes each time!

Well now… what a lovely opportunity to up my performance levels. Since the start of our new normal, I have used the time wisely to follow an old dream of mine. For years I have wanted to educate my local community of Skemsdaile on the virtues of sensible food uses. For the past 3 wonderful years, I’ve been a chef volunteer for the Birchwood ‘Junk food waste program’ cooking up a storm from intercepted food destined for the bin and then donating it to the local comunity in a ‘pay as you feel cafe … So when the pandemic came to town and we had to close the cafe, my friends and Birchwood collages set up a food hamper delivery service.  

I also started posting a 21-day meditation as well as writing a daily audiobook story, something I’ve always wanted to do… and at long last, I have started shooting food waste videos… it is early days in my project, but could really do with some decent sound recording equipment, Decent wireless microphones and an up to date laptop, as i have decided to take our education service to a new level… we want to start running a school food, waste, and general fitness program… I managed to film a low budget pilot in Lathom high school, (pleas find the link below)… Thanks for the possibility… Ian :)

Userlevel 1

I’d love a toaster! My wife makes me use the grill. I regularly burn the toast. I need a toaster. 

Userlevel 1

Most used appliance is probably my kettle and followed closely by my George Foreman grill. Both would be great to uograde!

Userlevel 3

My most used home appliance would be the TV; I would like to get it upgraded in order to experience the beauty of 4K and higher frame rates on games and greater resolution on movies. Gaming on 4K would be glorious in sight - heavenly pixels engulfing my eyes with majestic colour contrast, HDR terraforming worlds and settlements. All in all, visual pleasure. 

Userlevel 1

My most used appliance is my mixer. I'm flat out baking and my mixer is on its last legs so a new one would be great to keep me baking & fattening up my family during lockdown 

My most used appliance is my oven.

During this lockdown I've been doing a lot of baking so a new oven would be great

Userlevel 1

My Nespresso coffee machine. :coffee: I love it! :heart_eyes:  But it’s not particularly environmentally friendly using pods. :rolling_eyes: I’d love to upgrade to a bean-to-cup. :drooling_face: That would be amazing! :grin:

Userlevel 1

The most used appliance at the moment (Apr 2020) is my water kettle. Need to get it upgraded to smart one if there is any.

Userlevel 1

My most commonly used tech item is my laptop. Now working full time from home and I've realised how out of date and slow it is. I feel I'm working g very inefficiently and, as a key worker, thus isn't good. So if I won I would put the voucher towards an upgrade. Thank you 

My fridge freezer! It’s at least 20 years old and I got it as a swap for a laptop from my cousin. I’m amazed it’s still going, maybe one day I’ll wake up to a load of cheesy milk and defrosted ready meals 😬

Got to be my mini I pad it gives me my daily newspaper ,zoom chats with the kids, A Monday night distance chat with my mates, picture memories news from the BBC ,and a chance to show off the garden to friends and help an old man create a picture diary of what plants are where but like me it’s not as young as it used to be and can’t be far off going to the I pad cemet

My radio. Constant companion during the lockdown, but sometimes fades completely. Would love a new one with DAB & FM.

My most used appliance is the toaster and I want to upgrade it because we’ve had it for ten years and it doesn’t work properly anymore.

Userlevel 1

My Tumble dryer is vital over winter. It's old and too small though can't fault it's reliability and we've been putting it through its paces for many years. We need an upgrade so I can get more in it. 

Userlevel 1

My most used appliance is my coffee machine, and I’m going to have to upgrade it soon because if this lockdown continues I’m going to wear it out! 

Userlevel 1

Firstly TVs are not appliances they are electronics!

The appliance I'd upgrade is the coffee machine as these new Lavazza products look great and would make mornings a little less hassled.

Sounds like you get pretty hassled by people not putting correct answers down😂

Userlevel 1

Microwave is my most used appliance. So useful for defrosting, cooking, reheating and warming through food. It would be great to upgrade it to a  combination microwave which would be even more useful. 

Userlevel 1

Firstly TVs are not appliances they are electronics!

The appliance I'd upgrade is the coffee machine as these new Lavazza products look great and would make mornings a little less hassled.

Userlevel 1

Got to be my old television. Just can't get hold of the replacement valves anymore and I would love to watch things in colour. Apparently, these new colour ones are clever as well(or was that smart). 🤔😂

The microwave is used extensively but the surface layer inside has corroded substantially and is peeling off. I wonder if we are in danger of microwaving the surroundings, ourselves and 3 cats when cooking our long queued for food. But having said that,  the oven has packed in and the washing machine vibrates so much that I have visions of the nurse next door, who works night shifts, shaking in her bed. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Split decision between TV and Laptop

I use my laptop most. It definitely needs an upgrade, had to buy a cheap tablet style laptop as an emergency and  haven’t been able to replace it with a more suitable model yet. I’m in a new stage of my learning now and really could do with some better specs. 

My bird box camera has been e delight especially now during lockdown. I would dearly love to upgrade to be able to record the most interesting moments to show the grandchildren when this pandemic is over!

Userlevel 1

Most used by far in our house is the radio. Constant source of entertainment and information and keeps us all sane during lockdown. It’s got pretty beaten up during it’s life in the kitchen. Would love to upgrade it to a smart new version - in both senses of the word smart.

Why iD Mobile?