Meet the new Galaxy S22 family

Meet the new Galaxy S22 family
Userlevel 8
Badge

Samsung has launched its new S22 series of flagship phones, and they’re absolute stunners. Three models are available: the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra, all packed with incredible tech that Samsung says will make your ‘everyday epic’. Let’s take a closer look…

Pro-quality cameras

The Samsung S-series is famous for including the best camera tech around, and this is exactly what the S22 is offering.

Both the S22 and S22+ have the same triple rear camera setup. There’s a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that really expands your POV, a 50MP Wide-angle Camera with a truly massive sensor capable of lighting up the night, and a 10MP Telephoto Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (plus 30x digital zoom) that means nothing's too far to shoot. And if you go for the S22 Ultra, you get an even better 108MP Wide-angle Camera, and an extra telephoto lens that ups the digital zoom to a whopping 100x.

Samsung is so proud of the camera’s capabilities in the dark, they’re calling it Nightography (nifty name). The super-sized pixel sensor enlarges pixels to pull in more light, and the Super Clear Glass dials down lens flare – this’ll make your night-time photos (and videos) as clear as day.

Dazzling displays

Here’s another area where Samsung excels – display quality. Colours look vivid, blacks are amazingly deep, and brightness levels can be dialled right up - so you can see clearly even in bright sunlight.

The Galaxy S22 has a 6.1-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, while the S22+ rocks a larger 6.6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. The biggest and sharpest display is – surprise, surprise - on the S22 Ultra. It boasts a 6.8-inch with Quad HD+ resolution, and it’s also slightly curved at the edges – so it looks a little classier too.

All-day battery life

Each S22 comes with a different sized battery. The S22 has a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super-fast charging, the S22+ has a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging, and the S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging.

No matter which phone you go for, the battery intelligently adapts to how you use your phone – so you’ll last all day (24 hours+) before you need to head to the charger.

Fastest. Processor. Ever.

The Exynos 2200 chipset is under the hood in all three models, and it’s the fastest chip that’s ever been on a Galaxy. It makes everything you do incredibly smooth, from vlogging to marathon gaming sessions. Basically, it’s got the power to keep up with whatever you’re doing.

An Ultra S-Pen

Still not sure which one to go for? This final fact might sway you. The S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S-Pen (just like the Galaxy Note series), giving you the power to work, create and multi-task more effectively. It’s Samsung’s most advanced and fastest S Pen yet - ultra-responsive, realistic and precise.

Water-resistant

Don’t worry too much if you’re using your S22 outdoors and the heavens open. All three models have an IP68 dust/water resistance rating, so they can handle a bit of rain.

When and where is the Galaxy S22 range available?

Want to get your hands on a new S22? You can order the Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra from iD Mobile right now!

iD is offering great deals on the latest Samsung line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there on a gorgeous new S22. 

Competition time…

Fancy being one of the first in the UK to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy S22? Then stick around. Because we’re giving one away in this fab new competition!

Simply tell us in the comments below what the greatest Samsung product you ever owned was. In your opinion, of course. We’re talking your all-time favourite.

You’ll need to enter before midnight on Wednesday 23rd March, and we’ll announce the lucky winner the following day.

T&Cs apply. They always do. Good luck!

227 replies

Samsung TVs never disappoint

Userlevel 2

My son chose the Galaxy S8 as his first smart phone. He loved it! He found it really intuitive to use. Unfortunately he lost it and has been given an old Apple phone by a friend. He much prefers Samsung and is keen to save his money so he can buy it sometime soon. Respect!!

my Samsung galaxy note 9. awesome replacement for my note 3.

Userlevel 1

Switched to Samsung after using Nokia love my latest A90

Userlevel 1

Samsung tab 8” tablet. Great size, allows me to do so much more while still being portable.

My current fave is my Sero TV. Everyone comments on it and make a change from a TV up on the wall like I had for the last 20yrs. Earbuds a close 2nd place.

my favourite samsung product was a pink samsung galaxy s2; it was my first touchscreen phone and i absolutely loved it! still have it in my box of childhood/teen memories!

Samsung has launched its new S22 series of flagship phones, and they’re absolute stunners. Three models are available: the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra, all packed with incredible tech that Samsung says will make your ‘everyday epic’. Let’s take a closer look…

Pro-quality cameras

The Samsung S-series is famous for including the best camera tech around, and this is exactly what the S22 is offering.

Both the S22 and S22+ have the same triple rear camera setup. There’s a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that really expands your POV, a 50MP Wide-angle Camera with a truly massive sensor capable of lighting up the night, and a 10MP Telephoto Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (plus 30x digital zoom) that means nothing's too far to shoot. And if you go for the S22 Ultra, you get an even better 108MP Wide-angle Camera, and an extra telephoto lens that ups the digital zoom to a whopping 100x.

Samsung is so proud of the camera’s capabilities in the dark, they’re calling it Nightography (nifty name). The super-sized pixel sensor enlarges pixels to pull in more light, and the Super Clear Glass dials down lens flare – this’ll make your night-time photos (and videos) as clear as day.

Dazzling displays

Here’s another area where Samsung excels – display quality. Colours look vivid, blacks are amazingly deep, and brightness levels can be dialled right up - so you can see clearly even in bright sunlight.

The Galaxy S22 has a 6.1-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, while the S22+ rocks a larger 6.6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. The biggest and sharpest display is – surprise, surprise - on the S22 Ultra. It boasts a 6.8-inch with Quad HD+ resolution, and it’s also slightly curved at the edges – so it looks a little classier too.

All-day battery life

Each S22 comes with a different sized battery. The S22 has a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super-fast charging, the S22+ has a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging, and the S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging.

No matter which phone you go for, the battery intelligently adapts to how you use your phone – so you’ll last all day (24 hours+) before you need to head to the charger.

Fastest. Processor. Ever.

The Exynos 2200 chipset is under the hood in all three models, and it’s the fastest chip that’s ever been on a Galaxy. It makes everything you do incredibly smooth, from vlogging to marathon gaming sessions. Basically, it’s got the power to keep up with whatever you’re doing.

An Ultra S-Pen

Still not sure which one to go for? This final fact might sway you. The S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S-Pen (just like the Galaxy Note series), giving you the power to work, create and multi-task more effectively. It’s Samsung’s most advanced and fastest S Pen yet - ultra-responsive, realistic and precise.

Water-resistant

Don’t worry too much if you’re using your S22 outdoors and the heavens open. All three models have an IP68 dust/water resistance rating, so they can handle a bit of rain.

When and where is the Galaxy S22 range available?

Want to get your hands on a new S22? You can order the Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra from iD Mobile right now!

iD is offering great deals on the latest Samsung line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there on a gorgeous new S22. 

Competition time…

Fancy being one of the first in the UK to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy S22? Then stick around. Because we’re giving one away in this fab new competition!

Simply tell us in the comments below what the greatest Samsung product you ever owned was. In your opinion, of course. We’re talking your all-time favourite.

You’ll need to enter before midnight on Wednesday 23rd March, and we’ll announce the lucky winner the following day.

T&Cs apply. They always do. Good luck!

Samsung androids the best

Only ever buy Samsung phones the very best on the market

Best Samsung product I’ve ever had is my Galaxy S21 5G.  Had several Samsung TVs and all were good, and had several Galaxy mobiles which were also all good, but my S21 5G is the winner!

Love our Samsung fridge!

Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet 10 inch

I bought samsung phone long time ago and it was a lovely smart phone with touch screen. 

Userlevel 1

My Samsung A71. I’m usually a bottom of the range mobile phone buyer but treated myself to this. Boy could I tell the difference in quality, was so worth the extra!!! Was gutted when I fell in the sea and salt water damaged it beyond repair last year :cry:

Winning a new S22 would be a fantastic way to replace my A71!!!! 

Samsung Galaxy S8, still running smoothly:)

Userlevel 1

By far the new Samsung Galaxy s22.

Just bought my son one and now his sister wants to ditch her iPhone and also wants one

• Civilian

My best galaxy purchase was and still is AO3s, Real value for money 😃

Samsung galaxy S4 Tablet superb 

Loved every Samsung phone I had the pleasure of owning ! Love there tvs too! Awesome quality and awesome experiences 👏 

Userlevel 1

My Samsung F4500 Plasma TV. Bought in 2013 and it still out-performs most LCD TV’s for colour density and quality.

Been a Samsung user for years now love the simplicity of the phone and its features and find the camera quality amazing too. My s9 I absolutely loved then upgraded to the s21 having a large family and first grandchild we do everything together and record most of it so finding the quality of the s21 video recorder well I'm just blown away at just how life like it is. Will always stick with samsung even bought my teenage daughter the Samsung model too.

Still have my Samsung S6 edge still going strong after all these years.

My Samsung galaxy S10 + used it for years past my upgrade, couldn't part with it 

Note 20 ultra 5g 

Userlevel 1

Samsung Galaxy S8, still running smoothly:)

• Civilian

Why iD Mobile?