Meet the new Galaxy S22 family

Meet the new Galaxy S22 family
Userlevel 8
Badge

Samsung has launched its new S22 series of flagship phones, and they’re absolute stunners. Three models are available: the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra, all packed with incredible tech that Samsung says will make your ‘everyday epic’. Let’s take a closer look…

Pro-quality cameras

The Samsung S-series is famous for including the best camera tech around, and this is exactly what the S22 is offering.

Both the S22 and S22+ have the same triple rear camera setup. There’s a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that really expands your POV, a 50MP Wide-angle Camera with a truly massive sensor capable of lighting up the night, and a 10MP Telephoto Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (plus 30x digital zoom) that means nothing's too far to shoot. And if you go for the S22 Ultra, you get an even better 108MP Wide-angle Camera, and an extra telephoto lens that ups the digital zoom to a whopping 100x.

Samsung is so proud of the camera’s capabilities in the dark, they’re calling it Nightography (nifty name). The super-sized pixel sensor enlarges pixels to pull in more light, and the Super Clear Glass dials down lens flare – this’ll make your night-time photos (and videos) as clear as day.

Dazzling displays

Here’s another area where Samsung excels – display quality. Colours look vivid, blacks are amazingly deep, and brightness levels can be dialled right up - so you can see clearly even in bright sunlight.

The Galaxy S22 has a 6.1-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, while the S22+ rocks a larger 6.6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. The biggest and sharpest display is – surprise, surprise - on the S22 Ultra. It boasts a 6.8-inch with Quad HD+ resolution, and it’s also slightly curved at the edges – so it looks a little classier too.

All-day battery life

Each S22 comes with a different sized battery. The S22 has a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super-fast charging, the S22+ has a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging, and the S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging.

No matter which phone you go for, the battery intelligently adapts to how you use your phone – so you’ll last all day (24 hours+) before you need to head to the charger.

Fastest. Processor. Ever.

The Exynos 2200 chipset is under the hood in all three models, and it’s the fastest chip that’s ever been on a Galaxy. It makes everything you do incredibly smooth, from vlogging to marathon gaming sessions. Basically, it’s got the power to keep up with whatever you’re doing.

An Ultra S-Pen

Still not sure which one to go for? This final fact might sway you. The S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S-Pen (just like the Galaxy Note series), giving you the power to work, create and multi-task more effectively. It’s Samsung’s most advanced and fastest S Pen yet - ultra-responsive, realistic and precise.

Water-resistant

Don’t worry too much if you’re using your S22 outdoors and the heavens open. All three models have an IP68 dust/water resistance rating, so they can handle a bit of rain.

When and where is the Galaxy S22 range available?

Want to get your hands on a new S22? You can order the Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra from iD Mobile right now!

iD is offering great deals on the latest Samsung line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there on a gorgeous new S22. 

Competition time…

Fancy being one of the first in the UK to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy S22? Then stick around. Because we’re giving one away in this fab new competition!

Simply tell us in the comments below what the greatest Samsung product you ever owned was. In your opinion, of course. We’re talking your all-time favourite.

You’ll need to enter before midnight on Wednesday 23rd March, and we’ll announce the lucky winner the following day.

T&Cs apply. They always do. Good luck!

227 replies

Samsung galaxy buds+

Userlevel 1

Had Samsung phones since switching from Apple at the 3gs, so quite a while. But my favourite Samsung product ever was my first ever VHS donkeys years ago!

Userlevel 1

All my mobiles have been Samsung and have loved them all, especially the cameras!! 

My favourite Samsung product I’ve ever owned was the Samsung Galaxy S3. This was my first smartphone and my introduction to Android devices and I haven’t looked back since! We also own a very good Samsung washing machine which plays a tune when it has finished the cycle so that comes a close 2nd!

Nice one 👍

Easily the Samsung Galaxy A6s. Lasted a lifetime! 

Userlevel 1

Where to start, my Samsung watch is great for keeping me moving and motivated and my Samsung Tvs great for kicking back and relaxing :) 

My last 3 Android mobile phones have been Samsung, my current one being the A22.  Really satisfied with all of them but still waiting for a Samsung with the wow factor, maybe the S22 will be the one. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Had a Samsung tv for sometime. Really pleased with it.

Userlevel 1

The majority of my phones have been Samsung and they’ve always lasted me well but I would say single product is our Samsung TV, had it almost 10 years and it’s still working great (touch wood!)

Well, since I know my next phone likely won’t have a headphone jack (sob!), I finally went out and bought some Galaxy Buds Pro a while back.

I have to say, they’re really rather good!

I've always had Samsung I love the phones. Samsung t.v was quality to. 

I like the straightforwardness of the phones. Easy to use with next level surcurity. 👌  would not have any other brand. Its all about quality and service.

Current A52s is great value for money.

Had a few Samsung products over the years but my favourite has to be my current S21+

My 32inch monitor (s32d850t) from 8 years ago. I’m still using today I frankly never found need to upgrade. The picture quality and looks are superb. If only it had higher refresh rate then I would defitnitely never upgrade. BUt it’s fine for now :)

My first PC was a Samsung, back in 1987, and I loved it. An 8086 if I remember rightly. Saw me through my degree running what I thought were pretty futuristic AI programs. The best thing about it was the collossal 28MB hard drive. Not quite so impressive these days but hey...

Userlevel 2

My favourite Samsung was the Galaxy Note 4 for its ease of use a great user interface. Wonderful.

Samsung TV’s are the business - we’ve got three in our house and they are brilliant, long lasting and great quality.

Oooo good luck everyone else and good luck to myself 😍 I first used Samsung galaxy when I had to get myself a Samsung galaxy s7 edge in rose gold colour and I loved this phone !!! Still do love the s7 edge !!! So in my opinion it’s got to be s7 edge 😍😍 Good luck everyone ❤️

Userlevel 3

The greatest Samsung product I’ve ever owned was the Samsung Galaxy S3. As a kid, that was a life-changing moment and it really made me make memorable and amazing memories with this phone. It shaped my childhood and I had a lot of fun with this Samsung product since it was my first touch-screen phone! 

Hi

I have a Tab S2 and I wouldn't be without it. It is lightweight and easy to hold. Great screen quality and it does everything I want. 

My Samsung television has been my best buy despite liking my Samsung phones, over the years.. My television has been going strong for more than 15 years!

Userlevel 1

Samsung soul I loved it more than the newer phones 

Userlevel 1

I always try to buy Samsung products where possible as I love the way they all connect, they all look more stylish than other brands, and best of all they do what they are supposed to.  However my favourite item is my Samsung 1800 kW upright vaccuum cleaner.  It’s now very old but way more powerful than any other I’ve tried and has lasted for years without falling apart (unfortunately it doesn’t connect to my Samsung TV, tablet, headphones or phone so I can’t operate it remotely! :-)).  Next on the shopping list is a funky new Samsung washing machine…..

I just love the samsung make as its easier to use and better quality product.

Why iD Mobile?