Meet the new Galaxy S22 family

Meet the new Galaxy S22 family
Userlevel 8
Badge

Samsung has launched its new S22 series of flagship phones, and they’re absolute stunners. Three models are available: the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra, all packed with incredible tech that Samsung says will make your ‘everyday epic’. Let’s take a closer look…

Pro-quality cameras

The Samsung S-series is famous for including the best camera tech around, and this is exactly what the S22 is offering.

Both the S22 and S22+ have the same triple rear camera setup. There’s a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that really expands your POV, a 50MP Wide-angle Camera with a truly massive sensor capable of lighting up the night, and a 10MP Telephoto Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (plus 30x digital zoom) that means nothing's too far to shoot. And if you go for the S22 Ultra, you get an even better 108MP Wide-angle Camera, and an extra telephoto lens that ups the digital zoom to a whopping 100x.

Samsung is so proud of the camera’s capabilities in the dark, they’re calling it Nightography (nifty name). The super-sized pixel sensor enlarges pixels to pull in more light, and the Super Clear Glass dials down lens flare – this’ll make your night-time photos (and videos) as clear as day.

Dazzling displays

Here’s another area where Samsung excels – display quality. Colours look vivid, blacks are amazingly deep, and brightness levels can be dialled right up - so you can see clearly even in bright sunlight.

The Galaxy S22 has a 6.1-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, while the S22+ rocks a larger 6.6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. The biggest and sharpest display is – surprise, surprise - on the S22 Ultra. It boasts a 6.8-inch with Quad HD+ resolution, and it’s also slightly curved at the edges – so it looks a little classier too.

All-day battery life

Each S22 comes with a different sized battery. The S22 has a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super-fast charging, the S22+ has a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging, and the S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging.

No matter which phone you go for, the battery intelligently adapts to how you use your phone – so you’ll last all day (24 hours+) before you need to head to the charger.

Fastest. Processor. Ever.

The Exynos 2200 chipset is under the hood in all three models, and it’s the fastest chip that’s ever been on a Galaxy. It makes everything you do incredibly smooth, from vlogging to marathon gaming sessions. Basically, it’s got the power to keep up with whatever you’re doing.

An Ultra S-Pen

Still not sure which one to go for? This final fact might sway you. The S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S-Pen (just like the Galaxy Note series), giving you the power to work, create and multi-task more effectively. It’s Samsung’s most advanced and fastest S Pen yet - ultra-responsive, realistic and precise.

Water-resistant

Don’t worry too much if you’re using your S22 outdoors and the heavens open. All three models have an IP68 dust/water resistance rating, so they can handle a bit of rain.

When and where is the Galaxy S22 range available?

Want to get your hands on a new S22? You can order the Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra from iD Mobile right now!

iD is offering great deals on the latest Samsung line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there on a gorgeous new S22. 

Competition time…

Fancy being one of the first in the UK to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy S22? Then stick around. Because we’re giving one away in this fab new competition!

Simply tell us in the comments below what the greatest Samsung product you ever owned was. In your opinion, of course. We’re talking your all-time favourite.

You’ll need to enter before midnight on Wednesday 23rd March, and we’ll announce the lucky winner the following day.

T&Cs apply. They always do. Good luck!

227 replies

My A52s, the best phone I’ve had.

The s9 it was the only one that the screen didn't break and now my 4 year old uses it and its still going strong, onwards from that it felt like small changes but I absolutely love my Samsung phones I don't even bother looking else where

My Samsung galaxy s20 phone, love the large screen with the great camera 

Hi

My best Samsung is def the TV I bought 8 years ago - still working perfectly

Userlevel 1

The original 1st Galaxy S phone, was amazed at the time with the live wallpapers, and how much better it was than anything else available at the time. 

I love my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

my very first laptop (samsung), it was brilliant

I have 3 Samsung devices: A Galaxy Tab S6 tablet, a Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone and a Galaxy Watch4 Classic. They are all great, but my favourite is the watch - especially for using  with my phone to take and make calls through the watch.

The best Samsung product I ever bought was my TV, which then made me want a Samsung phone, I've had Samsung products for over 8years and I would now never change to anything else.

It’s an un-popular opinion but my favorite Samsung item ever was my Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge. I loved it so much I couldn't wait for the S8 and didn’t love it as much and continued to use the S7 till it had given up on me. I still have it at home, screen cracked as it costs nearly as much to get the screen fixed than to buy…. but it will always be my favorite phone! 

S9+ by a long way 

Samsung 850 EVO SSD a decent hard-drive, one of many Samsung have made.

Love my Galaxy phone,  my J3 was great,  and now my A20e is superb.  Looking forward to the new S22. 

Userlevel 2

My Samsung S3 mini. Great size, great screen and surprisingly good photos for the time!

My wife uses a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini as it’s the correct size to fit comfortably in her pocket, and although it has been around for some time, it more than meets all of her needs. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 which has given sterling service since new (although it’s probably time to upgrade, and an S22 would be a terrific replacement). We also have a Samsung smart TV and an American style Samsung fridge freezer, which have proved to be reliable and fault free since purchase. I will continue to enhance my life with top notch Samsung products.

Userlevel 1

Best Samsung product I have had was my old Galaxy S2 mobile; it was the first proper touchscreen smart phone I owned and it was brilliant, a great introduction into how mobiles were evolving.

My current mobile phone is a Samsung A42 5G and it is the worst smart phone I’ve ever owned, piece of junk, and I am counting down the months (15) until I can get rid.

Userlevel 1

All Samsung products are great. But my all time fave is my fridge freezer…

I didn't think it was possible for a kitchen appliance to be sexy, but the way the chiller drawer feels and sounds when you open and close it... The way the freezer drawer has a light so when you sneak in for some ice cream in the night the kitchen light won't give you away. What is there not to love! It's like a modernist sculpture in my kitchen. Love it!!!

My old Samsung Q1 Ultra handheld PC - well ahead of it’s time - touchscreen and split keyboard either side of the screen. Now a piece of PC computing history.

Samsung has launched its new S22 series of flagship phones, and they’re absolute stunners. Three models are available: the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra, all packed with incredible tech that Samsung says will make your ‘everyday epic’. Let’s take a closer look…

Pro-quality cameras

The Samsung S-series is famous for including the best camera tech around, and this is exactly what the S22 is offering.

Both the S22 and S22+ have the same triple rear camera setup. There’s a 12MP Ultra Wide Camera that really expands your POV, a 50MP Wide-angle Camera with a truly massive sensor capable of lighting up the night, and a 10MP Telephoto Camera with 3x Optical Zoom (plus 30x digital zoom) that means nothing's too far to shoot. And if you go for the S22 Ultra, you get an even better 108MP Wide-angle Camera, and an extra telephoto lens that ups the digital zoom to a whopping 100x.

Samsung is so proud of the camera’s capabilities in the dark, they’re calling it Nightography (nifty name). The super-sized pixel sensor enlarges pixels to pull in more light, and the Super Clear Glass dials down lens flare – this’ll make your night-time photos (and videos) as clear as day.

Dazzling displays

Here’s another area where Samsung excels – display quality. Colours look vivid, blacks are amazingly deep, and brightness levels can be dialled right up - so you can see clearly even in bright sunlight.

The Galaxy S22 has a 6.1-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, while the S22+ rocks a larger 6.6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display. The biggest and sharpest display is – surprise, surprise - on the S22 Ultra. It boasts a 6.8-inch with Quad HD+ resolution, and it’s also slightly curved at the edges – so it looks a little classier too.

All-day battery life

Each S22 comes with a different sized battery. The S22 has a 3700mAh battery with support for 25W super-fast charging, the S22+ has a 4500mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging, and the S22 Ultra has a 5000mAh battery with support for 45W super-fast charging.

No matter which phone you go for, the battery intelligently adapts to how you use your phone – so you’ll last all day (24 hours+) before you need to head to the charger.

Fastest. Processor. Ever.

The Exynos 2200 chipset is under the hood in all three models, and it’s the fastest chip that’s ever been on a Galaxy. It makes everything you do incredibly smooth, from vlogging to marathon gaming sessions. Basically, it’s got the power to keep up with whatever you’re doing.

An Ultra S-Pen

Still not sure which one to go for? This final fact might sway you. The S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S-Pen (just like the Galaxy Note series), giving you the power to work, create and multi-task more effectively. It’s Samsung’s most advanced and fastest S Pen yet - ultra-responsive, realistic and precise.

Water-resistant

Don’t worry too much if you’re using your S22 outdoors and the heavens open. All three models have an IP68 dust/water resistance rating, so they can handle a bit of rain.

When and where is the Galaxy S22 range available?

Want to get your hands on a new S22? You can order the Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra from iD Mobile right now!

iD is offering great deals on the latest Samsung line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there on a gorgeous new S22. 

Competition time…

Fancy being one of the first in the UK to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy S22? Then stick around. Because we’re giving one away in this fab new competition!

Simply tell us in the comments below what the greatest Samsung product you ever owned was. In your opinion, of course. We’re talking your all-time favourite.

You’ll need to enter before midnight on Wednesday 23rd March, and we’ll announce the lucky winner the following day.

T&Cs apply. They always do. Good luck!

Note 10 the best

I've not owned a Samsung phone myself... Just started buying them for the kids and now looking for a Samsung for myself, maybe this could be the one to get me in the Samsung family 😃

Userlevel 1

Samsung galaxy tablet loved it if could afford another that’s what I’d buy again great quality price

Always loved a Samsung phone; S3, S8 and A40 but my favourite device has to be the Galaxy Fit 2 watch. Its brilliant!

Userlevel 1

When it comes to phones, Samsung has never let me down. My first Samsung was the Galaxy S7, and I've been upgrading every year until recently, when I upgraded to the Galaxy S21 Ultra. My favourite phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

Userlevel 1

I always find samsung products to be reliable. I’ve had mobile phone and headphones. I had a samsung galaxy tablet that was probably my fav product. 

Hands-down the SGH D500 - that slide though!

Why iD Mobile?