New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2024

New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2024
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

As we step into 2024, it's time once again to reflect on the year ahead. What are your aspirations for this year? Which new skills are you excited to learn? How will you carve out time for what truly matters?

These are common questions with no one-size-fits-all answers. However, if you've set ambitious resolutions, one key ingredient you'll need is motivation.

This January let's shake things up. Instead of rehashing the usual top resolutions, we're offering some fresh New Year inspiration to jumpstart your journey to bigger achievements.

1. Prioritise your health.

Remember the adage: health is wealth. And we're not just talking about signing up for a gym membership; it's about nurturing both your physical and mental well-being.

Your goals for 2024 may vary, but the energy to pursue them often springs from a healthy state of mind and body. Dedicate daily time for activities that clear your mind and reduce stress. This could be yoga, meditation, a morning run, or a gym session.

The secret to consistency? Enjoy the process. Cook and savour the healthy meals you love. Choose activities that thrill you over monotonous treadmill sessions. The hardest part is starting, but once you establish a routine, self-care becomes incredibly fulfilling and equips you to tackle any challenges on your path.

2. Manage your finances wisely.

Financial health is a perennial goal. Achieving financial stability doesn't have to be daunting. There are simple steps you can take to stay on top of your expenses, grow your savings, and allocate funds for your dreams. Today's money management apps are more sophisticated than ever.

Consider this: how often do our purchases total a round number? Rarely. Modern banking apps can round up each payment to the nearest dollar, funnelling the extra into a savings pot for your big plans, be it a dream vacation or reducing monthly bills. Besides apps, setting a budget is a proactive step towards financial wellness.

You don't need a complete lifestyle overhaul to stretch your dollar further. For more tips, check out our 2024 Guide to Saving Money.

3. Make plans to realise your dreams.

What's that long-held dream you've yet to chase? 2024 could be the year to turn it into reality. Whether it's writing a novel, mastering a new language, learning an instrument, or excelling in a sport, the possibilities are endless. Break down your big dream into smaller, manageable goals to make it achievable and satisfying.

Need help tracking your progress? Apps like Strides on the App Store are excellent for setting and monitoring goals in various ways, including milestone markers to keep you motivated.

4. Make time for your loved ones. 

Balancing work and home life can be challenging, but it's crucial to stay connected with family and friends. These relationships enrich our lives far more than work or digital entertainment. Regularly check in with your loved ones through calls, texts, or in-person visits.

Plan activities together, both offline and online. Share a meal, join a fitness class, or enjoy a theatre show. For long-distance relationships, tools like Teleparty can sync your movie-watching experiences. The key is to spend quality time doing what you love with those you cherish.

5. Unplug from Your Devices

It might seem counter-intuitive coming from a phone network, but there are times when disconnecting is beneficial. Whether it's to focus on sleep, creative projects, or simply enjoying life's moments, stepping away from screens can be refreshing.

Both iPhone and Android devices offer digital wellbeing features to assist you. iPhone users can set up downtime under Settings > Screen Time, while Android users can explore focus mode and bedtime mode under Settings > Digital Wellbeing. These tools help you manage screen time and improve your overall digital health.

As we embrace 2024, let these ideas inspire you to make the most of the year ahead. Remember, the journey is as important as the destination. Taking breaks from screens and prioritising our mental and physical well-being can lead to increased productivity and happiness in our daily lives. By utilising the digital wellbeing features on our smartphones, we can take control of our screen time and create a healthier balance between technology and real-life experiences. Let's make 2024 a year of self-care and personal growth where we prioritise our well-being and make the most of every moment.

Giveaway time - CLOSED. 

This month we’re giving one lucky winner the chance to celebrate the New Year with a FITBIT Versa 4!.

To be in with a chance to win, we want you to tell us whether you're making a New Year's resolution. And if you are, what is it?

Entries close at 23:59 on 22nd January 2024, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

We’ll notify the winner by direct message here on the Community, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Good Luck!

This topic has been closed for comments

325 replies

Move more, drink no booze and gym 5 days a week.

So far so good and I started early by beginning this quest on New Years Eve.

I didn't make any as I don't agree with setting goals to give up something,  as you are usually seeing yourself up to fail,  however…

I'll now be setting up positive goals as its been easy to long since I set any. 

I'm looking forward to doing this,  it's been too long coming. 

I intend to spend more time with my grandchildren as time is more precious than money.

2024 for me is about getting more active after not so active covid years

Userlevel 1

To practice self care. 

Userlevel 1

My Resolution is to lose at least 3 stone in weight for better health and to lower my risk of type 2 diabetes. 

My new year's resolution was to get a Fitbit fitness tracker. Maybe I'll win the one on the latest ID Mobile draw?

Prioritise mindful activities over scrolling continuosly whilst also taking time to do something everyday to inrich another's life

Userlevel 1

As we step into 2024, it's time once again to reflect on the year ahead. What are your aspirations for this year? Which new skills are you excited to learn? How will you carve out time for what truly matters?

These are common questions with no one-size-fits-all answers. However, if you've set ambitious resolutions, one key ingredient you'll need is motivation.

This January let's shake things up. Instead of rehashing the usual top resolutions, we're offering some fresh New Year inspiration to jumpstart your journey to bigger achievements.

Remember the adage: health is wealth. And we're not just talking about signing up for a gym membership; it's about nurturing both your physical and mental well-being.

Your goals for 2024 may vary, but the energy to pursue them often springs from a healthy state of mind and body. Dedicate daily time for activities that clear your mind and reduce stress. This could be yoga, meditation, a morning run, or a gym session.

The secret to consistency? Enjoy the process. Cook and savour the healthy meals you love. Choose activities that thrill you over monotonous treadmill sessions. The hardest part is starting, but once you establish a routine, self-care becomes incredibly fulfilling and equips you to tackle any challenges on your path.

Financial health is a perennial goal. Achieving financial stability doesn't have to be daunting. There are simple steps you can take to stay on top of your expenses, grow your savings, and allocate funds for your dreams. Today's money management apps are more sophisticated than ever.

Consider this: how often do our purchases total a round number? Rarely. Modern banking apps can round up each payment to the nearest dollar, funnelling the extra into a savings pot for your big plans, be it a dream vacation or reducing monthly bills. Besides apps, setting a budget is a proactive step towards financial wellness.

You don't need a complete lifestyle overhaul to stretch your dollar further. For more tips, check out our 2024 Guide to Saving Money.

What's that long-held dream you've yet to chase? 2024 could be the year to turn it into reality. Whether it's writing a novel, mastering a new language, learning an instrument, or excelling in a sport, the possibilities are endless. Break down your big dream into smaller, manageable goals to make it achievable and satisfying.

Need help tracking your progress? Apps like Strides on the App Store are excellent for setting and monitoring goals in various ways, including milestone markers to keep you motivated.

Balancing work and home life can be challenging, but it's crucial to stay connected with family and friends. These relationships enrich our lives far more than work or digital entertainment. Regularly check in with your loved ones through calls, texts, or in-person visits.

Plan activities together, both offline and online. Share a meal, join a fitness class, or enjoy a theatre show. For long-distance relationships, tools like Teleparty can sync your movie-watching experiences. The key is to spend quality time doing what you love with those you cherish.

It might seem counter-intuitive coming from a phone network, but there are times when disconnecting is beneficial. Whether it's to focus on sleep, creative projects, or simply enjoying life's moments, stepping away from screens can be refreshing.

Both iPhone and Android devices offer digital wellbeing features to assist you. iPhone users can set up downtime under Settings > Screen Time, while Android users can explore focus mode and bedtime mode under Settings > Digital Wellbeing. These tools help you manage screen time and improve your overall digital health.

As we embrace 2024, let these ideas inspire you to make the most of the year ahead. Remember, the journey is as important as the destination. Taking breaks from screens and prioritising our mental and physical well-being can lead to increased productivity and happiness in our daily lives. By utilising the digital wellbeing features on our smartphones, we can take control of our screen time and create a healthier balance between technology and real-life experiences. Let's make 2024 a year of self-care and personal growth where we prioritise our well-being and make the most of every moment.

Giveaway time:

This month we’re giving one lucky winner the chance to celebrate the New Year with a FITBIT Versa 4!.

To be in with a chance to win, we want you to tell us whether you're making a New Year's resolution. And if you are, what is it?

Entries close at 23:59 on 22nd January 2024, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

We’ll notify the winner by direct message here on the Community, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Good Luck!

Userlevel 1

I intend to TAKE MORE TIME for myself, my family, and friends - and to raise awareness and funds for good causes - through fun activities and challenges as I celebrate my 60th birthday throughout the year!

Hi  I hope every one is good  my new year resolution is to get a good degree job and financial dependence  inshallah after years of being a house wife 

Giveaway time:

Good Luck!

Eat less and be more active 

Aiming to cycle 3500km during 2024

My New Year's Resolution is to walk more,  now that I have a new knee!

My new years resolution is to relax more and enjoy life.

Userlevel 1

My new years resolutions are always to lose weight. I lost 5 stone 2 years ago and iv piled it all back on. Hopefully I can lose weight this year and be a healthier version of myself.

I will lose a bit of weight and travel more in 2024. trip 1 turkey trip 2 Wales and a weekly trip to local points of interests such as kew gardens :-).

Userlevel 1

My 4 beautiful grandchildren and my 3 beautiful children make me the happiest.

Userlevel 1

My New Year Resolution is to be better to myself. As a Carer for a relative. It can be draining on so many levels. Winning this prize would fulfil the resolution. And allow me to better take care of myself. In monitoring my health stats. And tracking sleep. To allow me to be on best form in my caring duties.

Userlevel 1

Try eat more healthy and be a little more motivated 

Hello.

My new year resolution is to loose 30KG in 10 months. 

Happy new year. Good luck to everyone at this contest and with you resolutions. 

Userlevel 1

Do more exercise

I will be trying to reconnect with old friends - the ones I “grew up” with but somehow, as the years passed, I lost touch with. It could be hard work, and there might be some sad moments, but it will be worthwhile.

What an insightful and motivating perspective as we embark on the journey of 2024! I appreciate the fresh take on New Year resolutions, focusing not just on typical goals but on holistic well-being and personal growth.

Prioritizing health, managing finances wisely, pursuing dreams, making time for loved ones, and even unplugging from devices are all excellent reminders to create a balanced and fulfilling life. The emphasis on enjoying the process, breaking down big dreams into smaller goals, and incorporating technology for goal tracking adds a practical touch to the resolutions.

I find the suggestions about utilizing modern banking apps, digital wellbeing features on smartphones, and apps like Strides quite helpful. These tools can indeed make it easier to stay on track and achieve personal milestones.

The giveaway for a FITBIT Versa 4 adds an exciting element to the New Year spirit. It's a wonderful incentive for individuals to share their resolutions and aspirations. My New Year's resolution is to prioritize mindfulness and practice gratitude daily. Wishing everyone in the iD community the best of luck in achieving their goals, and may 2024 be a year of self-care, growth, and memorable moments!

Regards namecombiner.info

I will be trying to eat healthier as I am currently undergoing bowel cancer treatment. Hopefully a good outcome!

Why iD Mobile?