New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2024

New Year, New You: 5 tips to make the most of 2024
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

As we step into 2024, it's time once again to reflect on the year ahead. What are your aspirations for this year? Which new skills are you excited to learn? How will you carve out time for what truly matters?

These are common questions with no one-size-fits-all answers. However, if you've set ambitious resolutions, one key ingredient you'll need is motivation.

This January let's shake things up. Instead of rehashing the usual top resolutions, we're offering some fresh New Year inspiration to jumpstart your journey to bigger achievements.

1. Prioritise your health.

Remember the adage: health is wealth. And we're not just talking about signing up for a gym membership; it's about nurturing both your physical and mental well-being.

Your goals for 2024 may vary, but the energy to pursue them often springs from a healthy state of mind and body. Dedicate daily time for activities that clear your mind and reduce stress. This could be yoga, meditation, a morning run, or a gym session.

The secret to consistency? Enjoy the process. Cook and savour the healthy meals you love. Choose activities that thrill you over monotonous treadmill sessions. The hardest part is starting, but once you establish a routine, self-care becomes incredibly fulfilling and equips you to tackle any challenges on your path.

2. Manage your finances wisely.

Financial health is a perennial goal. Achieving financial stability doesn't have to be daunting. There are simple steps you can take to stay on top of your expenses, grow your savings, and allocate funds for your dreams. Today's money management apps are more sophisticated than ever.

Consider this: how often do our purchases total a round number? Rarely. Modern banking apps can round up each payment to the nearest dollar, funnelling the extra into a savings pot for your big plans, be it a dream vacation or reducing monthly bills. Besides apps, setting a budget is a proactive step towards financial wellness.

You don't need a complete lifestyle overhaul to stretch your dollar further. For more tips, check out our 2024 Guide to Saving Money.

3. Make plans to realise your dreams.

What's that long-held dream you've yet to chase? 2024 could be the year to turn it into reality. Whether it's writing a novel, mastering a new language, learning an instrument, or excelling in a sport, the possibilities are endless. Break down your big dream into smaller, manageable goals to make it achievable and satisfying.

Need help tracking your progress? Apps like Strides on the App Store are excellent for setting and monitoring goals in various ways, including milestone markers to keep you motivated.

4. Make time for your loved ones. 

Balancing work and home life can be challenging, but it's crucial to stay connected with family and friends. These relationships enrich our lives far more than work or digital entertainment. Regularly check in with your loved ones through calls, texts, or in-person visits.

Plan activities together, both offline and online. Share a meal, join a fitness class, or enjoy a theatre show. For long-distance relationships, tools like Teleparty can sync your movie-watching experiences. The key is to spend quality time doing what you love with those you cherish.

5. Unplug from Your Devices

It might seem counter-intuitive coming from a phone network, but there are times when disconnecting is beneficial. Whether it's to focus on sleep, creative projects, or simply enjoying life's moments, stepping away from screens can be refreshing.

Both iPhone and Android devices offer digital wellbeing features to assist you. iPhone users can set up downtime under Settings > Screen Time, while Android users can explore focus mode and bedtime mode under Settings > Digital Wellbeing. These tools help you manage screen time and improve your overall digital health.

As we embrace 2024, let these ideas inspire you to make the most of the year ahead. Remember, the journey is as important as the destination. Taking breaks from screens and prioritising our mental and physical well-being can lead to increased productivity and happiness in our daily lives. By utilising the digital wellbeing features on our smartphones, we can take control of our screen time and create a healthier balance between technology and real-life experiences. Let's make 2024 a year of self-care and personal growth where we prioritise our well-being and make the most of every moment.

Giveaway time - CLOSED. 

This month we’re giving one lucky winner the chance to celebrate the New Year with a FITBIT Versa 4!.

To be in with a chance to win, we want you to tell us whether you're making a New Year's resolution. And if you are, what is it?

Entries close at 23:59 on 22nd January 2024, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

We’ll notify the winner by direct message here on the Community, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Good Luck!

This topic has been closed for comments

325 replies

Userlevel 1

My new year's resolution is to run a half marathon, took up running last year and managed a few 15km the ultimate aim is to run a full marathon in 2025! 

Userlevel 1

My resolution is to make some art for ME and not my design managers and customers!

No new year resolution for me. I make changes as and when they come up in my life. 

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to break my social anxiety barriers and meet new people and make new friends

Userlevel 1

I am giving up Vaping and starting a health kick for the year!! Turning 30 later in the year so it is time for a change

Userlevel 1

My resolution is to travel as much as possible this year!

Userlevel 1

Same as every year... lose weight!!

I enjoy going to the pub but am now only going to drink alcohol free pints!

Userlevel 1

My New Year's Resolution is to loose more weight and get moving. I have lost 3st 2lb in 2023. I want to loose another 6 stone in 2024. It will be tough but I think 2024 will be my year.

To make more time for me and focus on my goals

My resolution is to walk a marathon a month, by walking 1 mile every evening, 57km in December and on course for January.

Userlevel 1

I don’t make New Year's resolutions.

I'll be 43 this year & my resolution for 2023 is to be as fit as I've ever been. I have 3 Ultra marathons planned, a 50k race in may, the west highland way race in June (96miles) and the Gosplie back yard Ultra in October. Bring it on 😁🙌🏻

Userlevel 1

My resolution this year is to get rid of all the rubbish I’ve purchased over the years and never used

Userlevel 2

I never make New Years Resolutions as I never stick to them and then I get depressed! 

Userlevel 1

My new year’s resolution is to to get fit and improve my overall health so I’m challenging myself to go for a 20 min+ walk, run or jog every day.

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to be happy and to live life to the fullest!!!

My resolution this year is to make more time for reading; to finish my Masters in art history; and to give up the vapes! 😓

Userlevel 1

I really need to lose some weight for my holiday, so no snacks,crisps,fizzy drinks just want to cut down on my sugar intake. 

My New Year Resolution is to look after myself and my health even more so I can enjoy life into retirement.

Userlevel 1

Lose the spare tyre!

My New Year's resolution is to start taking exercise seriously, and to spend any dead time (walking/washing up etc.) to connect with friends with a quick call.

New year resolution is to read more and prepare more fully for university this year!

I want to enjoy the little things and be more present in the moment 

Userlevel 1

After a 25 year battle with my weight I've resorted to surgery.  One of these prizes would really help with my fitness.  Happy new year, happy new me! 

Why iD Mobile?