Spring Giveaway!

Spring Giveaway!
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Ah, spring is in the air! While Easter may be over, the chocolate cravings linger. And what better way to enjoy the warmer weather than by treating yourself to some melt-in-your-mouth chocolate? 

But before we get to the sweet prize, let's take a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Think back to those beloved chocolate bars that have sadly disappeared from shop shelves over the years. You know, the ones that left a sweet void in our hearts (and stomachs) when they vanished.

Maybe you're still mourning the loss of the mighty Cadbury's Marble Bar, that perfect blend of milk and white chocolate. Although it didn't return as a full bar this Easter, it made a welcome appearance in the form of an egg.

Or perhaps you pine for the unique taste of the Cadbury Time Out, with its chocolatey shell giving way to toffee and malt delights.

Some of you might even get misty-eyed remembering classics like the Mars Delight bar with its gooey caramel filling and chocolate-coated wheat puffs. Ah, those were the days!

Whatever discontinued chocolate tickles your taste buds the most, we want to hear about it! Share your sweetest memories and most intense chocolate cravings in the comments below.

Now, for the really exciting part: this month, we're giving one lucky winner a £100 voucher to spend at Hotel Chocolat! Imagine stocking up on luxurious chocolate truffles, sipping velvety hot chocolate, or even treating yourself to a chocolate-dipped delight or two.

To enter, just reminisce about your most-missed discontinued UK chocolate bar in the comments. Let those tastebud memories flow, and you might just unwrap an amazing chocolatey prize!

So don't hold back, chocolate fans. Springtime is for indulging, and what better indulgence than chocolate? Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 28th April 2024, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

Good luck! 

120 replies

Userlevel 1

I miss caramac it was the best chocolate ever none of the other caramel style chocolate bars that are on the market matches up to caramac.

Time out. Although you can get similar ones in supermarket own brand, there is only one time out and they are not it. 

The Internet  is very fast 

Definitely vice versas!! Miss them so much! 

I really like id sim  ans the saves they  do for us

Userlevel 1

Ah, spring is indeed in the air, and while the Easter chocolate might be dwindling, my cravings certainly aren't! I absolutely love that iD Mobile is keeping the spirit sweet by reminiscing about those iconic, yet sadly discontinued, chocolate bars. There's one that I just can't get off my mind—the Cadbury's Dream Bar. It was the ultimate white chocolate experience, so creamy and dreamy that every bite felt like floating on clouds. It vanished from the shops, and it took a piece of my heart with it.

I remember saving my Dream Bars for special occasions, trying to make each one last as long as possible. It was more than just a treat; it was a tiny escape to a sweeter, simpler world. To this day, no other white chocolate has come close to that heavenly taste, and I still hold out hope that it might make a comeback.

Winning this £100 Hotel Chocolat voucher would be a dream come true, literally! It'd give me the chance to perhaps find a new favorite and fill that white chocolate void left by the Dream Bar. Here's to sweet memories and even sweeter futures!

Good luck to all my fellow chocolate enthusiasts!

Userlevel 1

Wispa mint
yummy yummy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Never been a huge fan of the Mars Bar but definitely Mars Delight!! 

There's a few.

Malteasers White

Dairy Milk Peanut Caramel Crisp

Cadbury Snaps Range

Cadbury Dream was good but it's largest competitor Nestlé Milkybar definitely stole the limelight with their chocolate bars that had the images on them.

Mars Delight

Cadbury Fuse (always had one now and then as a kid)

Taz bars (basically a freddo) but the Caramel was better than the freddo version imo

Mars Planets

The Fabulous Bakin Boys treats was a staple in the packed lunch of most of us kids at primary school and it's still sad that they are gone.

Cadbury Echo

As for anything but chocolate:

Trident Splash (they were a killer chewing gum when I was in School and everyone loved the Chocolate and Lime flavour)

Panda Pops (staple drink in any fish and chip shop visit a few years ago)

Campino Sweets (they NEED to return)

Don't ask me why but a cold bottle of Coke with lemon on a hot summers day was just the perfect combo out of all their other flavours

There's lots of discontinued chocolates I miss, such as Nutty bars and Texan bars, but my all time favourite has to be Fry's Five Centre ❤️ Ooh, also Crispets. Used to buy them by the quarter, kind of coconutty chocolate ovals.

Mars Delight 

Echo. Could be considered a biscuit but they sold them in the sweet aisle. Best thing ever. 

Userlevel 1

Marble.

Oh I loved Marble bars, I think they were from Cadburys. They were my absolute favourite as a child growing up in the late 90’s and early 2000’s! 
I loved nothing more than going home after school knowing there’d be a bar of Marble waiting for me, I sometimes used to put it on the radiator to melt and squeeze it in to my mouth… If I could wait long enough for it to melt that is! 

Oh, the nostalgia 🥰

Userlevel 1

Cadbury Snowflake 😊

Nestlé Vice Versa were amazing 🍫 Once opened the whole pack was gone not just a handful !

Milkyway Crispy Rolls!

Omg soooo good! I used to buy a multi box after school most days 😋

Star Bar

Snow flake. And marble. They was the best and they need to come back 😩

Cadburys Tasters and also Cadburys Spira.  Both my favourite chocolate from yesteryear which I both miss very much

I used to love the Wonka Xploder chocolate bars, not sure what magic was in them, they were very odd looking but they were so good especially with the popping candy in them! 

I miss the galaxy truffle from the celebrations box, was by far the best and the twix substitution just isn’t as good

Cadbury's Spira 😍😍😍

Mars Delight

Not sure but I think there used to be way more Flake varieties and sizes. Now you hardly ever see the normal Flake. 

Why iD Mobile?