13.4%! Daylight robbery! with no recourse

• 11 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

13.4% is a ridiculous figure to increase people’s bills by. Mine is due to go up £7 a month. Some people can’t afford that! It’s the right thing to give people the option during this time of crisis to exit or downgrade their contracts. A telephone is a vital lifeline for all. How dare you do this to people! Absolutely despicable. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bexripley93,

Welcome to the Community!

The cost to operate and sustain a value-focused and highly reliable network is increasing. From our cost of supply with manufacturers, maintaining and developing the network infrastructure, and even the small but critical things – like delivering items to consumers. CPI and RPI price increases are affecting all areas of our lives, and unfortunately, this affects us and other businesses too.

We appreciate that price adjustments are of concern to consumers and are never welcome. However, inflationary pressure is hitting us all – both as consumers and as businesses, and the cost to operate and sustain our value-focused and highly reliable network is increasing.

Kash

Userlevel 1

13.4% is a ridiculous figure to increase people’s bills by. Mine is due to go up £7 a month. Some people can’t afford that! It’s the right thing to give people the option during this time of crisis to exit or downgrade their contracts. A telephone is a vital lifeline for all. How dare you do this to people! Absolutely despicable. 

I complained and they told me I had to pay £899 for each phone (I have two) so I've taken it to deadlock. Absolutely shocking, inflation is set to around 9% and they are putting an extra 4.4% on top 😡. I will not be staying with ID mobile once the contact has ended. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jwatts70 Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Unfortunately, any adjustment to your bill via the Retail Price Index (RPI) or Consumer Price Index (CPI) is included in your terms and conditions. 

Cancelling the contract would incur a termination fee if you are still within the minimum terms.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @jwatts70 Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Unfortunately, any adjustment to your bill via the Retail Price Index (RPI) or Consumer Price Index (CPI) is included in your terms and conditions. 

Cancelling the contract would incur a termination fee if you are still within the minimum terms.

Mohammed

Its OK its gone to deadlock now so once I receive a call or email from HQ regarding if they allow me to cancel with no termination fee no further action if they don't allow me to cancel its going to be costly for ID mobile when the obusdman gets involved, I believe ID pays £250 per letter from them, it could go on a few months so will end up costing ID mobile more money than just allowing me to cancel without a termination fee. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

As far as I can see, majority of UK service provider’s have an annual uplift clause in their contracts (typically CPI/RPI + 3.9%) - though not sure how the extra 3.9% has been deduced. Maybe OFCOM will look at that at some point.

Anyway, where would you go after leaving iD Mobile to avoid the uplift clauses?

Userlevel 1

As far as I can see, majority of UK service provider’s have an annual uplift clause in their contracts (typically CPI/RPI + 3.9%) - though not sure how the extra 3.9% has been deduced. Maybe OFCOM will look at that at some point.

Anyway, where would you go after leaving iD Mobile to avoid the uplift clauses?

I might scoot back with Vodafone, they are trying to poach new customers in with attractive deals because of the massive increases across other networks. ID was supposed to be an affordable brand network provider but they are just taking the mick now. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do Vodafone have a clause, with annual CPI/RPI + 3.9% uplift, hidden in their terms & conditions? 
Anyway, good luck with a new service provider.