Solved

14p charges for sms uk in september 23

• 11 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I’ve just discovered the window cleaning company I called out via text in Cheshire has cost me 2x14p sms charges.  I’m on an unlimited plan.  This happened a year ago according to your community questions so I wonder why no others have spotted this on their billing this year and why it’s just me ?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 October 2023, 21:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps it was for a chargeable service, and not included in your text allowances? 

If you sent your text to something beginning 07, most likely it should have come out of your text allowance; however, there are a number of non-standard 07 numbers, excluded from iD plan allowances. 

See the online pages at non-standard-07-numbers.

Hi thanks for that - out of interest what is fm14 mobile and why is it a non standard so I can check in future who I text.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A question for iD Mobile I’m afraid @John Dooley.
It seems odd to have this quite an extensive list of non-standard 07 numbers. 

Thanks - I’ve found this - interesting reading !

http://www.fairtelecoms.org.uk/uploads/1/1/4/5/11456053/ofcom-pre-mct-review-2017.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @John Dooley 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been charged for texts, please could you let us know the number you’ve been charged for using?

Is it only this one number or multiple?

Tom

It’s just this company in Cheshire +44 7700 156455

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Numbers starting +44 7700 1 are classified by iD Mobile as non-standard mobile numbers, and aren’t included in your iD plan allowances.

The number range seems to have originally been allocated to a business telephony service provider “nta.co.uk”. Mobile number portability means the number may no longer be a business services number, although still classified as such.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @John Dooley,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite has answered your query.

If there is anything else you require assistance with, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?