Solved

£150 bonus payment not received for trade in on S22 Ultra from November

• 4 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I purchased an S22 Ultra from ID Mobile while there was an offer for a £150 bonus trade in.  I received my trade in claim for the phone I sent, and an email saying I should hear back within 5 days. 5 weeks later, nothing. I have emailed several times to carphone warehouse, and tried contacting through their website. No reply.

I feel completely let down and misled by this promotion. Please help me get this sorted out. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 January 2023, 12:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @yluap,

Sorry to hear that.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you to the guys on the forum. Mohammed/Kash/Tom.

This has finally been resolved and I did make a compaint to the Carphone Warehouse CEO team about Carphone Warhouse lack of response to emails and dealing with the claims for this deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you to the guys on the forum. Mohammed/Kash/Tom.

This has finally been resolved and I did make a compaint to the Carphone Warehouse CEO team about Carphone Warhouse lack of response to emails and dealing with the claims for this deal.

Glad to hear it’s now been sorted @yluap,

Thanks for confirming that here.

Mohammed

Hey @Mohammed 

im in the same situation as Yluap. 

Would it be best to send Carphone Warehouse a message or are you able to resolve this by DM ?

Thanks 

c

Hey @yluap,

Sorry to hear that.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CDH22 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

@Mohammed @Tom @Kash  - I’m having the same issue in trying to claim my cashback - please can you help ?  I’ve been going around in circles since November and getting nowhere.

23/11/22 -  I purchased a new contract and phone through ID Mobile - I purchased with the offer of £40 trade-in value on my existing phone plus a £150 additional trade-in value on any phone when purchasing an S22 Ultra.

28/11/22 - My trade-in pack had not arrived so as advised I emailed TradeUpHelp@dixonscarphone.com for help - No response

05/12/22 -Worried that I would lose the offer I emailed again -  no response.

12/12/22 - As I had no response I then tried TradeUpHelp@currys.co.uk,

20/12/22- I finally had a response on 20th December explaining that the package must have been lost and I need to request another trade-in and then any original promotions will be honored.  I waited until Christmas and Postal Strikes were over to request a new pack.

09/01/22 - I requested my new pack on when everything was getting back to normal.  

19/01/23 - This time my pack arrived. That day I phoned the support line to match my new trade-in reference to the old trade-in reference so that my offer would still be valid. I was told this was all now done and i can send in my phone.

23/01/23 - Phone sent to you from my local post office.

28/1/23 - I received an email saying that unfortunately my device had "extremely difficult (if not impossible) to view" "screen burn" so my original device quote of £40 would now be £12 and this reduction in value does not affect promotional offers. 

31/1/23 - I accepted the reduced quote of £12 

03/02/23 - My phone was inexplicably returned to me with no further note or comment. Leaving me dumbfounded and with no idea how I can get the offer I originally signed up with.

In between this timeline, I've also made multiple phone calls to both ID mobile and Carphone Warehouse seeking help but in most cases was referred to each other and struggled with help.  The only call that was of any help was referenced in the timeline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Em3344556 ,

So sorry to hear about your issues.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?