Skip to main content
Solved

£216:53 final bill during cooling off.

I had email from id stating they were going to charge me £216:53 for my final bill after cancelling because sim won’t work in mobile phone. 
 I did the online chat and the person sorted it out and said everything would be sorted. 
 All of this was well within cooling off period. 

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Maybe there’s be a mixup between processing your request as a return, and cancelling the contract, @Bottletree

Have you got the chat transcript where you’ve asked to make a return, in the cooling off period?

Userlevel 1

Chat transcript? Where would I find that? 
 The agent said they would put the sim as a payg sim after 10 mins. I’m still within the cooling off period now. 
This is all very bizarre and confusing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Ah, okay @Bottletree.

There’s an option of getting an email with a transcript of your online chat, before the chat ends. Otherwise you can ask the agent to send a transcript, while you chat online.

Perhaps another Live Chat is needed. 

FYI, members of this iD online forum like ourselves, can’t look at iD customers accounts to protect their privacy and security.

Userlevel 1

Thanks my friend. 
 Yeah I will have another live chat tomorrow. I left it a bit late tonight.  I took out 3 sim only contracts but one of the sims was for an incompatible mobile, which by the way I’ve never heard this happen on any network before. 
The sim only deal was £10 pm but I wonder how they worked out £216:53???

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Was returned order (for SIM only deal) a 12-month minimum term contract, @Bottletree

If not, maybe iD have made a mistake. 
🤔

Userlevel 1

12 month contract. I’ll sort it tomorrow in the live chat. 
 It’s difficult getting used to this type of network again. I was with giffgaff many years ago which was similar to id. 
 Getting used to the new landscape can be confusing but interesting at same time. 
Thanks for your input my friend. Good evening.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Bottletree, we’re sorry to hear that.

We hope that @andewhite was able to help with his kind advice. 

Were you able to get in touch with our live-chat to resolve the issue please?

Thanks,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

The situation went from bad to worse. I can not tell you the levels of stress this company has put me through. 
 I will explain as simple as I can.

I took 3 sim only deals out with id on 24 month contracts. One of the SIM cards would not work on my wife’s mobile so I had to cancel it. Only 4 days had expired from signing up to canceling that one sim deal.

The first agent seemed to have sorted it so I thought. 
 Then I got an email saying I would have a final bill of £216:53. Agent after agent after agent couldn’t sort it out. Finally I had enough and spoke to ofcom who put me in touch with the telecommunications ombudsman. Id tried to take out £207:53 out of my account but I got my bank to cancel it. 
 After dealing with the 8th agent I finally got them to get a manager to ring me which will be in the next few days.

I was offered some compensation but I don’t want compensation I WANT THIS SORTING OUT. 
All this within a few weeks of joining. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Bottletree 

If you cancelled your plan instead of a return, then yes, you’d be charged a final termination fee for the full term of your contract.

If it didn’t work we’d recommend getting in touch so we can take a look into why and solving it, not just cancelling it.

If it was an issue of the SIM card would never work in your Wife’s device (In the case of an unsupported device being used) then we’d recommend getting in touch to process a return for that plan.

If you’re already in contact with a team about this, we’d recommend continuing with them.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tim. 8 times getting in touch with the agents on id chat finally got me to SPEAK  to a human being and at long last getting this resolved. Cancel, return, end contract, whichever term is used does not out do a customer’s statutory rights under the terms and conditions. SIM card failed to work in a device. Ok then terminate the contract and end it , simple. 
 But no ,id made this ten times worse then it needed to be.  I’m still annoyed at why you have to make a mountain out of a molehill. Bizarre to say the least. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Bottletree 

I’m sorry to hear, however glad to hear this is now resolved.

Tom