Solved

£45 Amazon/Uber eats/Tesco Voucher not received (Gift Cloud)

• 18 February 2023
  • 28 replies

Hi,

On 3rd December 2022 I signed up to ID mobile following links from Money saving expert with the offer of a £45 Amazon / Uber Eats / Tesco voucher. Nearly three months has passed - but no sign of the promised Voucher.

Has anyone else got a similar experience relating to this voucher, and were you able to successfully resolve it ?  If so please share.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

icon

Best answer by andewhite 20 February 2023, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

28 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The vouchers offered through Money Saving Expert are usually from other third parties, not iD Mobile.

Did you receive any emails about the voucher and how to make a claim? 

Hi,

I received emails from ID Mobile, but nothing about a voucher, although I wasn’t expecting any as the Ad said allow 3 months for the Voucher to arrive.

Thanks for your help

Geoff

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the offer still showing on Money Saving Expert?

The current and recently expired iD offers are online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/claim-your-offer.

Hi,

There is a similar offer on Money Saving Expert - down to £40 instead of £45. I couldn’t see it on the ID Mobile list of expired offers.

Thanks again for your help

Geoff

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ei3014, this voucher deal is provided by Giftcloud (https://rewards.giftcloud.com), not iD Mobile.

Yes that’s the current promotion - the original link I followed back in December also said voucher via Giftcloud. I have the screen shot of the original Ad

I did already ask Giftcloud for support and they asked me to contact UK-idmobile@awin.com.

I didn’t yet get a reply from this email address yet, although I can imagine I may be in a queue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ei3014, as Giftcloud are the voucher provider perhaps post in the Giftcloud customer forum - assuming they’ve got one. Good luck.
🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ei3014,

Hope Gift Cloud are able to help you with this one. Just a note, they will have created an inbox for this promotion, so whilst there is “idmobile” in the email name, this won’t have any affiliation with us besides being used by them to identify which claims are being processed etc.

They should be able to assist futher. 

Thanks @andewhite for finding that out.

Mohammed

Hi Geoff hopefully you have your voucher, I have the same problem and have waited the allocated 90 days before starting the unnecessary process of emails, I'm quite surprised that there isn't more people in the boat.All these third party excuses doesn't look very good for the team at  MSE nor Carphone Warehouse , and may well tag them in ,if the promised promotion isn't honoured. 

Will keep you posted 

Lesm

Indeed - no voucher from Giftcloud or anyone else.

I feel like I’ve been scammed.

Not a good look for MSE or ID Mobile.

Geoff

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ei3014,

This is a promotion ran by a third party.

iD Mobile doesn’t have any involvement in this promotion.

Kash

Hi @ei3014,

Kash

Hi Kash,

It’s a little bit disingenuous to say IDmobile has no involvement, as while the promotion may be administered by a third party - that third party is only going to be acting with IDmobiles knowledge and blessing. Ultimately the funds for the promotion are coming from IDmobile

Therefore, I’m not happy that IDmobile simply “wash their hands” of the matter.

I hope you can understand my position.

Geoff  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ei3014 

I understand, however as mentioned we aren’t involved in the promotion in any way, we can help with the iD Mobile plan and contract itself however as the voucher has been offered via the vendor they would be responsible for the offer, not us.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems it’s a murky world out there online - iD use GiftCloud to encourage people to buy their products by paying GiftCloud, while GiftCloud offer the incentive to buy iD products, but you need a GiftCloud account to get the iD ‘gift’, and possibly other future offers.

I guess creating a GiftCloud account implies agreement with https://www.giftcloud.com/uk/terms.
🍀

Hi Geoff 

Just received.my voucher today, but it does require patience, I used the ID mobile link and gave them all details Inc  order No ,address, mobile number, date of purchase and the kitchen sink. 

A member of the team Kashif and he obviously sent these to Molly Chapman ( gift Cloud) who as promised sent the email with the voucher. 

So it is possible but thanks to Kashif who helped more than most.

Rdgs Les 

Hi Geoff 

Just received.my voucher today, but it does require patience, I used the ID mobile link socialqueries@idmobile.co.uk and gave them all details Inc  order No ,address, mobile number, date of purchase and the kitchen sink. 

A member of the team Kashif and he obviously sent these to Molly Chapman ( gift Cloud) who as promised sent the email with the voucher. 

So it is possible but thanks to Kashif who helped more than most.

Rdgs Les 

Many thanks Les, I’ll give it a try.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ei3014,

Kash

That’s a very interesting statement.

From the T&Cs of the promotion, section 7:

“iD Mobile holds the right to withdraw this offer if we believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way”.

Also from the offer:

“You will receive your eGift…. purchase validated by iDMobile”

So either:

• Giftcloud are using the name of iD Mobile name without any authority

or

• iD Mobile do have an involvement (they have to validate it, and agree to the payouts) and the above statement is …. slightly incorrect?

Yes, I understand in the first instance to contact the promoter, but it’s a little unsettling to see a company benefiting from a promotion and then stating they don’t have ANY involvement. Given the benefit to the company (i.e. ongoing payments of a contract generated on the basis of an authorised promotion that the company is participating in), you would hope there would be better help when customers are reporting issues.

(Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer, I’m just someone who signed up to become a customer based on this promotion and hasn’t got the gift card after 115 days).

I still don’t have my voucher and giftcloud don’t respond to my emails.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Giftcloud could contact me to advise on the status of my voucher and why it hasn’t arrived.  Of course I continue to submit remittances to ID Mobile, but I do feel one of the parties involved isn’t living up to their side of the bargain.

Giftcloud - looking forward to hearing from you - or someone at ID mobile that can connect me to a manager within Giftcloud - also appreciated.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ei3014,

Kash

That’s a very interesting statement.

From the T&Cs of the promotion, section 7:

“iD Mobile holds the right to withdraw this offer if we believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way”.

Also from the offer:

“You will receive your eGift…. purchase validated by iDMobile”

So either:

• Giftcloud are using the name of iD Mobile name without any authority

or

• iD Mobile do have an involvement (they have to validate it, and agree to the payouts) and the above statement is …. slightly incorrect?

Yes, I understand in the first instance to contact the promoter, but it’s a little unsettling to see a company benefiting from a promotion and then stating they don’t have ANY involvement. Given the benefit to the company (i.e. ongoing payments of a contract generated on the basis of an authorised promotion that the company is participating in), you would hope there would be better help when customers are reporting issues.

(Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer, I’m just someone who signed up to become a customer based on this promotion and hasn’t got the gift card after 115 days).

Hey @McD,

To clarify, what Kash means is that iD Mobile do not send out the Gift Cards.

They may be validated when Gift Cloud send them over (to verify how long a customer has been with us (to meet the minimum time-framesand if they purchased in the window of eligiblity). 

You would need to escalate to Gift Cloud for support.

I still don’t have my voucher and giftcloud don’t respond to my emails.

I would really appreciate it if someone from Giftcloud could contact me to advise on the status of my voucher and why it hasn’t arrived.  Of course I continue to submit remittances to ID Mobile, but I do feel one of the parties involved isn’t living up to their side of the bargain.

Giftcloud - looking forward to hearing from you - or someone at ID mobile that can connect me to a manager within Giftcloud - also appreciated.

Thanks 

I don’t believe there are members of GiftCloud on this forum to provide support unfortunately.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Ah,

That’s a much clearer statement. Thank you - I appreciate you took the time to clarify it and it clears up the confusion!

Userlevel 1

I’ve also waited the 90 days and nothing.  I tried to contact MSE about it for the original newsletter as clicking the link in the original email just brings up current  offers.  MSE have not replied to me so I too feel let down by them.  I have read the solutions above and have emailed as appropriate.  I do hope to hear from someone about it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve also waited the 90 days and nothing.  I tried to contact MSE about it for the original newsletter as clicking the link in the original email just brings up current  offers.  MSE have not replied to me so I too feel let down by them.  I have read the solutions above and have emailed as appropriate.  I do hope to hear from someone about it.

I think I recall seeing something in the online Giftcloud terms & conditions, which implied it was entirely at their discretion regarding the voucher offer being honoured or otherwise @allstontowers.  

You could always tweet something, about MSE letting you down, to @MartinSLewis on Twitter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @allstontowers 

I’m sorry to hear this about your voucher, I’d recommend continuing to contact MSE about this offer.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @allstontowers 

I’m sorry to hear this about your voucher, I’d recommend continuing to contact MSE about this offer.

Tom

I think a solution was found by @allstontowers, and was posted below:  

Userlevel 1

I also tried to contact MSE and did not receive a reply from them  I will try the Twitter option now as I see people applying for Vodaphone packages are also having the same problem with GiftCloud.

Why iD Mobile?