Solved

'£45 - Currys, Amazon.co.uk or Uber Eats' Gift Card/voucher not received

• 11 October 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

As per the above promotion, on 11 July I purchased a 25GB 5G Data SIM (for £8 per month on a 12 month contract between the dates of 3 July – 13 July 2023) using the ‘Buy Now’ link provided in the email received from no-reply@giftcloud.com (picture attached).

It has now been over 90 days since my purchase, yet I have received no communication, either from Gift Cloud or iD Mobile, regarding my reward. I completed the purchase directly after clicking through to iD Mobile’s basket via the ‘Buy Now’ link in the email shown in the attached picture, and I do not have cookies disabled on my computer, so there is no reason why the sale wouldn’t have tracked correctly.

I spoke about my problem to Kyle on your LiveChat facility and he told me he has raised the issue with your ‘back office’, and told me I would receive a response within 24-48 hours … that time has now passed and I have had no such follow-up. Therefore, can I politely ask that someone look into the progress of my reward and let me know when I can expect to receive it?

icon

Best answer by mywifenow 11 October 2023, 19:53

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The voucher should come from GiftCloud @mywifenow.

Other forum members have posted that by emailing uk-idmobile@awin.com, and listing the date of the order, the order number and the package ordered, they eventually received their voucher.

Perhaps this method might work on this occasion?
🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply, @andewhite

I realise the reward will come from Gift Cloud … I have emailed the UK-idmobile@awin.com address a couple of times too (as this was the address given for any queries regarding the offer or reward) but I have yet to hear back from them either … seeing the queries on the Community Hub were getting replied to, I thought I’d take this path to get some help.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @mywifenow, iD will most probably say they can’t do anything because the voucher is issued by another party, as part of an opaque marketing arrangement. 

Others have enjoyed success using the “awin.com” email address mentioned.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again for your response, @andewhite.

I have already sent the ‘awin.com’ email address all the info you suggested in my emails, so here’s hoping I hear back from them soon.

I have to say, I’d be really disappointed if I didn’t hear anything at all from iD Mobile in response to my query here, on this their very own customer platform!

I get it that it’s Gift Cloud issuing the vouchers, but to show such a laissez faire attitude to Gift Cloud’s frequent failure to meet their end of this promotion will only serve to disappoint iD’s customer base, and instil distrust in iD Mobile generally … I know this, because that’s how I’m starting to feel the longer this goes on.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @mywifenow, though I’m not sure outstanding customer service is one of iD Mobile’s priorities. As a no-frills operator, I think iD are primarily focused on selling new and upgrade 24-month handset contracts, and aren’t too worried about collateral damage.

I believe iD have at least 1-million customers, and I’d guess a majority are probably very happy with their contract. It seems many online communities, like this one, have plenty of posts from people frustrated with customer service. iD is great when everything works, but often exasperating when something goes wrong.

Userlevel 1

Absolutely, @andewhite!

However, the £45 gift card was a MAJOR factor in deciding to sign up with iD Mobile as opposed to another provider, so I have only been a “happy” customer of theirs for these first three months because, owing to the imposed 90-day wait for the gift card to be issued, I was blissfully unaware that their/Gift Cloud’s M.O. seems to be to NOT issue the promised reward unless the customer complains hard enough or often enough.

It’s a terrible way for iD Mobile to treat their customers. Perhaps I should take my problem to more public/social media platforms … maybe then they’d actually feel compelled to join this conversation instead of leaving other, more helpful customers (like yourself, @andewhite!) to administer to complaints they should be dealing with? Instead of allowing them to treat me like so much collateral damage, maybe they should be given the worry of other new customers being warned off once they’re made aware that the promised reward may never materialise?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I wonder if iD Mobile are under resourced in customer service @mywifenow - it often feels that way.

From my own experience, you’ll have a better conversation with customer support by exchanging private messages using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM, although I appreciate some don’t use these social media platforms. I guess that’s why there’s iD’s online Live Chat

Userlevel 1

Yep … tried the Live Chat too, @andewhite, and their promise of follow-up assistance turned out to be as hollow as their promise of a gift card.

I don’t doubt they’re under-resourced … everywhere seems to be suffering from the malaise of poorly-staffed/trained customer services.

I will try taking my complaint to their social media platforms and see if I can’t get a better response … hell, ANY response would be an improvement!

Thanks again for your help and input, @andewhite.

Userlevel 1

I’d like to ask the iD Community admin why this query has been marked as 'Solved’?

Other than some helpful input from one of your other iD Mobile customers (namely @andewhite), this issue has been far from solved … despite emailing both, speaking to iD’s Live Chat and Gift Cloud’s ZenDesk, iD Mobile AND Gift Cloud have both failed to contact me regarding my problem of the unissued gift card, so will someone at iD Mobile PLEASE reply to help me resolve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mywifenow,

As the promotion was provided by GiftCloud, you would need to check back with them.

Unfortunately as the offer was something that we offered directly we are unable to look into it.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I am absolutely disgusted since I am chasing up my gift card that was promised and I’m hitting a brick wall!! I will be looking to cancel my contract with ID Curry’s now as I have no trust. If it was advertised upon purchase and registration in the time frame then it should be given. I was told I hadn’t paid my bill yet I have paid every bill in time through direct debit and have the proof!! I don’t like being lied to!!

Userlevel 1

I also will be going through social media to warn everyone about this!

Userlevel 1

I am absolutely disgusted since I am chasing up my gift card that was promised and I’m hitting a brick wall!! I will be looking to cancel my contract with ID Curry’s now as I have no trust. If it was advertised upon purchase and registration in the time frame then it should be given. I was told I hadn’t paid my bill yet I have paid every bill in time through direct debit and have the proof!! I don’t like being lied to!!

Hi, Loretta…

I too was hitting a brick wall until I openly took my problem to iD Mobile’s Twitter/X platform ( @iD_Mobile_UK ) to explain that I’d not received ANY response from Gift Cloud despite emailing them and messaging their ZenDesk platform, and that having made the transaction with iD Mobile the burden of care remained with them. This was on 13 Oct 2023, and a chap called Tyler responded very quickly and contacted their back office for me to chase up the reward, and I received it in my inbox, in the form of an instantly useable code, four days later.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Loretta Cutajar 

Sorry to hear you haven’t had your voucher, have you tried contacting Money Saving Expert about this directly via the email address in the email you’ve received about it?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?