Question

4g calling on iphone 13

• 14 May 2023
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I live in London, and get 3G, 4g and 5g almost 1000 mbps and full service. But when I receive a call, I see that my 5g icon turns into 3G. Does this mean that Wi-Fi calling is not working? It’s an iPhone 13.

thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d only be using the iD WiFi Calling service if your iPhone displays “WiFi Calling”, which usually happens when the mobile signal isn’t good enough to use for calls, and you’re able to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

I’ve got a iPhone 13, which uses 4G Calling when I’m in an area with a good 4G or 5G signal. 

Have you checked for network faults or service problems in your area @Hosom86?

Check online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hosom86 

That’s strange, does the same happen in a 4G area?

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in another device to test if the same happens there?

Tom

I do not have another device to test it unfortunately. Volte did work on my previous network though. And it seems to switch to 3G for calls everywhere I go in London. A big problem is that there often is 4g,5g, but no 3g in many areas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Hosom86,

Is the option turned on in the phone?

Did you buy the phone on contract from us or was this purchased elsewhere?

Wondering if the firmware is not one setup for VoLTE on iD and that could be why it’s switching to 3G.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?