Solved

4g Signal Extremely Slow

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Morning. I switched to ID from Plusnet (Now EE) about a month ago. The internet speed is legitimately unusable. The majority of the time, as the data rates are so low, websites and services such as speedtests will simply time out. I bought the mid-tier data plan, but at the current 4g data speeds I wouldn’t even be able to use all of the low-tier data plan if I left the phone on and consuming data 24/7 for the entire month.

I’ve added screenshots of my current data rates, when I can get speedtests to work, which isn’t too often.

Any ideas on resolution? I already factory reset the phone, as it wasn’t picking up my new number at first. Tried using the sim in other phones too, but it’s still useless. My partner has an ID sim too and her’s is the same. Coverage of my area is indicated as good, and it’s not that I don’t have signal, it’s just unusably slow. 

I’d rather not go through the headache of switching providers all over again when I just switched, but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Tom 30 December 2023, 16:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marm22 

I'm sorry to see this, if the same is happening between two different users, it is likely that your area is weak for our signal, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you have issues?

It may be worth returning/cancelling your plan within the returns period should you find the signal is not suitable for yourself.

Tom

Hi @Marm22 

I'm sorry to see this, if the same is happening between two different users, it is likely that your area is weak for our signal, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you have issues?

It may be worth returning/cancelling your plan within the returns period should you find the signal is not suitable for yourself.

Tom

Incidentally, both of our 4g connections seem to be working fine as of yesterday, now getting 5mbps down and able to browse websites properly. Must have been something to do with the masts nearby I guess. Thanks for the response though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Marm22,

Glad to hear that it is sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?