Solved

Access code to Government Gateway

• 5 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I recently joined iD mobile and all was well until I tried to access my account on the Government Gateway via gov.uk.

The system sent a six figure access code to my mobile number, but it didn’t arrive - even after several tries.  This worked well with my previous supplier (Plusnet).

Does the iD mobile system prevent delivery of texts from numbers starting 60, or is it something else?Am I, similarly, going to be prevented from accessing accounts with other organisations that operate two part authentication?

I see this issue has been raised before, but I didn’t find a solution.

Thanks,

Ian.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 July 2023, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ian53 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you having issues with all OTP (one time password) texts/codes or just the gov.uk one?

Have you tried and received others?

Tom

Hello, Tom.

I hadn’t tried others, but I have just now. Both Paypal and a building society sent an OTP and neither have arrived - and I asked for a re-send from each. I did a hard reset on my iPhone and tried again.

I’ve had several texts from iD mobile since joining and from my wife (who has also recently swapped to iD mobile) and phone calls from my daughter, who is on iD mobile.

So, I’ve tried some other stuff. People on other mobile networks can’t get through to me by phone (says unavailable) and if I try to call my phone from our house phone I get the engaged signal.  I thought it had been a bit quiet!

So the issue isn’t just OTP as I initially thought, it is more wide ranging.  Luckily, my wife’s swap to iD mobile seems to have gone more smoothly.

Thanks,

Ian.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ian53,

We are sorry to hear this.

Have you ported your number over to iD Mobile?

If you have ported the number can do you know if the port has completed? 

It may be worth placing a call to your wife to see if the ported number shows or the temporary number that we provided.

We’ll PM you once we have this information.

Kas

Hi Kash - thanks for responding.

Yes, I have ported my number.  My wife’s phone and our home landline recognise it as my number.  It appears that I can phone out.  My wife and daughter can call me from their mobiles, but they are both iD mobile customers.

However, I can’t receive calls or texts from landlines or phones on other mobile networks.  Friends texts disappear into the ether.  Landline calls get the engaged tone and mobile phones get a number unavailable  announcement.  For info, the number that iD mobile gave me before porting doesn’t work either.  It seems like the number has only half ported.

I spent an hour on a web chat with a customer services agent on Friday afternoon.  They got me to try all sorts of things and eventually said that they were referring the matter to the technical team and that I should hear something in 48 hours - not heard back yet.

Thanks.

Ian.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ian53,

Sounds like a partial port here.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?