Question

Account

I have been sent a final payment demand for an old account. I don't have this phone any number and cancelled the contract. I can't pay this as I only know the number ends in 9928. I discussed this a long time ago on this forum and thought it was cancelled.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you ever register for an iD My Account?

You might be able to recover the password if you can remember your login username.

If the final amount due is not too much, it may be easier and quicker to settle the debt and move on - anyway good luck.

I have an account for other phones. I realised I had been paying a bill for an old phone. I had a chat on line a while ago and he found the old account . I thought it had been cancelled. The payment is only £4.05 but I can't pay it if I don't know the number. It's not on my present accounts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d expect the final payment demand bill/letter to explain the different ways of paying the balance due.

Any clues in the final payment demand you received for your old iD Mobile account?

I have the last 4 numbers of the account , which is different to my present account number and the last 4numbers of the phone number which doesn't help. I need someone to contact me really and discuss this. 

Thanks anyway 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have the last 4 numbers of the account , which is different to my present account number and the last 4numbers of the phone number which doesn't help. I need someone to contact me really and discuss this. 

Thanks anyway 

If you hang-on here, I’m sure someone from iD Support will eventually read your posts.

At that point they’ll probably begin a private conversation, here in this forum to help you - anyway, good luck!

Thank y. That's what I am hoping for. Is it not possible to contact Id support straight away. 

Apparently I will be referred to a debt collection agency if I don't pay it. I shouldn't even be having to pay a bill that I haven't got an account for . !

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank y. That's what I am hoping for. Is it not possible to contact Id support straight away. 

Apparently I will be referred to a debt collection agency if I don't pay it. I shouldn't even be having to pay a bill that I haven't got an account for . !

Yeah, it’s not great @tiggercat. iD Mobile customers need to be careful when cancelling a contract, otherwise it can end-in-tears. 

I don’t understand why you can’t pay the debt using the details in your final payment demand, which was mentioned in your original post?

FYI, it’ll be quicker to resolve this if you contact iD privately via their facebook page or Twitter page.

Anyway, good luck.

I am so fed up , I think I will try FB. I can't pay the bill through their automated phone number as it doesn't recognise the old account or phone number. That is the only option it is giving me for paying.  I can log into my account but again it's a different phone and account number. Just want some help !!  Thank you anyway. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile are making it hard to pay.

The final payment demand you received should at least provide the ‘old’ account number along with the mobile number linked to that account.

Others in this forum have said using facebook Messenger worked well - good luck!

Why iD Mobile?