Question

Account Transfer Query

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Just a quick one on accounts. I’m looking to swap my contract from my existing contract to a SIM Only deal. At the same time, I was also hoping to complete an account transfer (the account is currently in my Dad’s name as I was under 18 when starting out with ID; now I’d like an account in my name). However, it doesn’t seem like this is possible. As far as I understand it, I’d have to do the following:

1. Open up a new ID Mobile account for the SIM Only plan, in my name.
  2. Purchase a cheap PAYG plan with another provider.
  3. Transfer my current number to the PAYG plan.
  4. Transfer the number to the new ID account and close the original ID account.

Have I got that correct? Just seems like a hassle compared to other providers that provide the choice to change ownership of an account.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hpikesley 

Those steps above look more or less spot on for what we’d call a ‘triangle port’. Moving your existing iD Mobile number to a new iD Mobile contact.

It’s worth noting at step 4 you mention closing the original ID account, you won’t need to do this, the usage of a PAC code to another provider automatically closes the account the number is moving from.

So once you move the number you’d like to keep from iD Mobile to the other network’s PAYG plan, it’ll automatically cancel the existing iD Mobile account for you.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?