Question

ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING WITH A HUMAN

• 28 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I'm being charged ROW roaming but I am in the EU, France tobe precise. 

How do I actually communicate with a human. When I try live chat I always get a chat bot which doesn't help and the email for help doesn't work.

And advice please.

TIA

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris Bolshaw 

You’d be charged rest of world roaming for connecting to a satellite network, this is typically done while on a boat.

You’ll be able to chat to the live chat team, after letting the bot what you’d like to chat about so it can route you to an agent.

Tom

Thanks Tom, however surely when I'm not on a boat and not connected any more then reconnect when on dry land in the EU I shouldn't get charged ROW roaming? 

Also I have tried asking the chat bot and there have never been, to date any agents replying. Kind of lost faith and heart TBH

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Bolshaw,

If you are close to a Ferry or bordering the sea or another country and it can connect to a different network.

Can you advise where you are in France?

Kash

I sailed into France to the port of cherbourg and drove down to Taden about 2 hrs away. I turned on my ID mobile router in cherbourg so I could use maps to navigate. Since then I have travelled down the west coast towards the south of France where I am now. My issue is I have been charged over £20 ROW roaming and I can't seem to find a way of actually finding out why. 

Thanks for your reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris Bolshaw 

I believe the charge may have come from when you “sailed into France” or in Cherbourg, being coastal your device may have connected to a satellite network, which will have charged ROW roaming.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?