Question

additional trade-in offer amount, not paid

• 23 November 2022
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, having spoken to someone on live chat about how to get the additional trade-in offer of £150 they said to contact tradeuphelp@currys.co.uk, however I have done this two weeks ago and had no response, when you phone they also say you have to email, I got the trade in payment on the 11th November and any promotion payment should have been paid 3-5 days after that, I am lost on what do do next as it seems the only way is to email them, anyone else managed to get a response from them and managed to get the extra payment?

This topic has been closed for comments

23 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling the trade-in helpline on 0370 111 6565 @JimmyB79

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite, I phoned the number and they said I need to do web chat with ID mobile then I'd Mobile chat says it's a Currys problem and to contact them by email (that they don't reply too), I guess it's pot luck that you actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks andewhite, I phoned the number and they said I need to do web chat with ID mobile then I'd Mobile chat says it's a Currys problem and to contact them by email (that they don't reply too), I guess it's pot luck that you actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

The trade-in helpline have mislead you @JimmyB79.

iD Mobile and Currys are all under the same ownership umbrella and the iD Mobile web site page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in states the following about the trade-in programme:

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I think they just prefer you to email, but a bit frustrating when you hear nothing back, so you don't know if it's being sorted or if email has been missed, I will send another email and see

Userlevel 1

So, still no response from tradeup Currys, 3 emails sent, 2 phone calls they don't make it easy to get problems sorted it's been 21 days since I got my trade in money and still no sign of the additional £150, looking at other post's it seems the only way people are getting the additional payment is to email the CEO, seems a bit extreme to have to do this! Will let you know how I get on for others in this same situation

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JimmyB79 

Sorry to hear you’ve been having issues receiving the bonus amount of your trade in, are you still having issues with this?

Please let us know if you are so we can get in contact and assist further.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, I am sorting through twitter message, I should hear back this week while they look into it, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @JimmyB79,

Glad to hear it’s being picked up via Twitter.

Our Team deal with the contact there so we’ll work to sort it for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Sorry for bumping in your case but I'm having exactly same problem and no answer from Currys on my emails, not sure if any of the advisors here could help me?

Userlevel 1

Hi Cvetelin, I sorted mine and have been paid now, a twitter private message to id mobile sorted it within a few days after replying to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Cvetelin Cvetanov,

Did you get in touch with us as @JimmyB79 advised?

If you still need help, let us know here and we will get back to you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Got in touch with you guys on twitter and waiting for answer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Cvetelin Cvetanov,

The team should be able to get this sorted for you.

If you require further assistance, you can get back to us here.

Kash

This is ridiculous I am now in the same boat, i had to even chase for my trade in payment for my old phone and now am being ignored after i was told i would recieve confirmation of in 24hrs for my £150 trade in offer. I would never have used this promotion if i knew the stress behind it all.

Should i go to twitter? This is ridiculous 😒 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I've managed to get everything sorted true twitter, hope everything goes well 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne Hornby,

Did you manage to get help with this or do you still require assistance?

Please let us know here and we can check it out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

All sorted now, thank you 

Hi no Ive still not been sorted I messaged on twitter. And recieved a reply from Kash are you this person? Ive sent another message today for an update. Will i ever get this sorted? 

Ty 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joanne Hornby 

There is some crossover with the Community team and Social Media team, if we have been in contact with you on Twitter about this I’d recommend continuing conversing via that platform.

Tom

Hi no Ive still not been sorted I messaged on twitter. And recieved a reply from Kash are you this person? Ive sent another message today for an update. Will i ever get this sorted? 

Ty 

Hello Joanne, have you gotten any further with this ? I'm in exactly the same boat, have been sending emails and made phone calls and getting absolutely no where .. the only reason I went for this deal  ( s22 ultra) was because of the extra £150 trade in. 

I guess I'll try Twitter now , if that doesn't work then I'll see how I can return the phone and get out of the 2 year contract.

It really is a complete joke, as each company ( even though they are actually all part of the same company)  tells you to contact the other company, carphone warehouse / Currys/ ID mobile !!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Tommytipee123,

Most of these are just resolved once we escalate to the Trade-in Team.

Have you recieved the trade-in but just not the bonus amount?

If you haven’t already been in touch via Twitter I can send you a PM here to escalate futher.

Mohammed

Hey @Tommytipee123,

Most of these are just resolved once we escalate to the Trade-in Team.

Have you recieved the trade-in but just not the bonus amount?

If you haven’t already been in touch via Twitter I can send you a PM here to escalate futher.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed, 

Thanks for your reply , I have messaged via twitter ( today) exchanged a few messages and was told " we have escalated to our trade in team" so will see what happens. Though in my previous  calls  on the phone , I was also told that they would "escalate it" 

I'll wait a week and update on here if I get my £150 enhanced  trade in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Tommytipee123,

Thanks for confirming that.

The Trade-in Team at Carphone Warehouse will let us know an update shortly and we’ll message you back on Twitter once we have this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?