Question

after moving number some numbers sms messages dont get through

• 29 April 2022
  • 6 replies

After brining my old number over. There are at least 2 numbers from which I am not receiving SMS messages. But some are fine

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you start using your iD SIM before you ported your number over to iD?

What type of handset have you got?

I had it in the phone. I don't think I sent any texts. It's a pixel 6 pro

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Timwest100, I suggest checking:

Settings > About Phone (or About Device) > Status (or Phone Identity) > SIM Status

Or something similar - your ported-in mobile number should be shown there.
If not, a network reset might fix things.

In addition, I suggest reading the following online articles:

1. Google Chat features by Google FAQ article.
  2. Google How to turn chat features off article.

I suspect a Pixel 6 comes with chat features ON by default and if you used Messages (while chat features was turned ON) with the number you didn’t want to keep, this might explain the problem.

Anyway, hopefully this information helps - good luck.

Thanks. Looking there the phone number is unknown. How would I do a network reset? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently the following procedure will do a network reset - note the words of caution:

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

After brining my old number over. There are at least 2 numbers from which I am not receiving SMS messages. But some are fine

When did your number port over and what network are the two numbers you're unable to receive SMS on?

Go to: Messages > 3 dots > Settings > General > Chat features

Is it enabled or disabled? If enabled, disable. Now go here and disable RCS on Google's side. Once done, wait half an hour and see if you receive texts from those numbers you had issues with earlier. If you do, you can enable Chat features on the messaging app and you should be good.

It's also worth mentioning that it can take up to 24 hours after porting in for everything to settle and start working as intended (Which is why I started by asking when you ported in).

Why iD Mobile?