Question

agent says Port was successful but number hasnt changed

• 8 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I signed up to ID over a week ago and spoke to an agent in chat with my PAC number. Two days later number not changed, still on ID number. Contacted chat again, with PAC, was told its with the Tech Team. Two more days, still nothing. ANOTHER chat agent call, each one being in a queue for 20 mins to be told sorry, what’s the PAC code and your old number, and that tech team will definitely be in touch. I’ve restarted my phone multiple times. Still not ported over. 
This was coming from UW mobile which uses the EE network.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I know this sounds odd but forget text for a second,does it show the correct number if you call someone?

If I send a message I get a reply saying ‘message failed to send’ but it does still get received but on the ID number , not my old number

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If I send a message I get a reply saying ‘message failed to send’ but it does still get received but on the ID number , not my old number

Can you answer @mitts question please...

Phone number comes up as ID number. Not ported over number 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Phone number comes up as ID number. Not ported over number 

When this happened to me on android I went into settings then apps then message app, I then deleted data and cache, then I opened the message app and went to message settings then chat feature and it reconfirmed my telephone number, It will still show as the ID until the app verifies your number which takes a minute but then it shows and sends as the ported number

Thanks. I’ve gone into settings and reset network settings. Boom. My old number is there now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Maori_Nerd,

I’m glad to hear that this is working for you now.

If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

@mitts thanks for your assistance and response with this one.

Kash

It’s not quite fixed. My number on my phone is updated to my old number that was ported. But I no longer receive text messages or calls.

If I log into my ID account dashboard. It as my ID mobile listed still.

I have chatted with another agent who has said tech team will look into it and has also raised a complaint ticket. 

Ongoing

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Maori_Nerd,

Sounds like an issue that does need to be raised to our TechTeam if it’s impacting receiving calls also.

Likely a routing issue which our TechTeam should fix.

Let us know what happens and if you still need help further.

If a complaint has been logged, our Complaints Team should be in touch to discuss further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?