Question

allowance overseas EU

• 22 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello

I am abroad and I was not aware that I can use only 30gb of my 120Gb data. I got a message saying that my allowance is over, I bought an additional 1gb for £5 but still doesn't work, any reason why they cap to 30gb and how can I add data for the next 3 days?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I know what roaming is, the article doesn't give any tips on what to do when you finish the data overseas (France)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I know what roaming is, the article doesn't give any tips on what to do when you finish the data overseas (France)

The 30GB cap is due to the iD fair usage and open data policies @tuscan72

If you joined on or after 21-Jun-2023, your data allowance for the inclusive 50 roaming destinations is 30GB - after this you pay for data on a per GB basis, assuming the bill cap on your iD account is high enough to facilitate out-of-plan spending.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Everything @andewhite has posted above is included in, or linked to in the post I linked to above. I suggest you read it @tuscan72.

However, Ignoring the fair usage policy, I have highlighted the important parts for you:

What happens if I run out of an allowance when I’m roaming?

If you’re in one of our 50 Inclusive Roaming destinations and use an allowance you’ve run out of, the following charges will apply: 

• If you’re in a Band 1 destination and text or call the UK, the same destination you’re in, or another Band 1 destination, you’ll be charged standard UK out-of-plan rates.  

• If you’re in a Band 2 destination and text or call the UK or the same destination you’re in, you’ll be charged standard UK out-of-plan rates. If you text or call any other destination, international rates will apply. 

Can I use an add-on for Inclusive Roaming?

Yes, you can! But remember that add-ons get used after your allowance runs out, and not before. So, it’s worth waiting until just before you run out of an allowance before you buy one. To buy an Add-on, simply use your iD Mobile app or My Account online. 

But please be careful – if you’re in a destination where we don’t offer Inclusive Roaming, your add-ons won’t work and you’ll be charged at our roaming rates for any usage. 

Past posts by iD staff members on this Community state that there is no roaming data add on available and yet the above states they will work as long as you’re at a destination where they offer Inclusive Roaming. Anyway, nobody can help you here as we are not iD Mobile staff and have no account access. You need to speak to a live chat agent otherwise you will likely be home before anyone from iD Mobile replies to your posts here.

You can speak to a live chat agent by clicking here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Inclusive mobile data roaming seems to be a grey area @WelshPaul.

The iD fair usage policy appears to suggest you can continue data roaming, in an inclusive destination, beyond your fair usage roaming data limit, but will incur charges.

Assuming you’ve got a bill cap that enables charging, then data roaming should work? 

🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tuscan72,

Welcome to the Community! 

If you upgraded or joined on or after 21st June 2023 you can use 30GB of your allowance abroad.

As per the screenshot that @andewhite sent If your standard monthly plan is above 30GB, or your data-rollover or add-ons exceed this limit, you can still use your additional data, but you will incur a surcharge of £3 for every additional GB you use while abroad.

Please note: Data add-ons and data rollover are also liable for surcharge, so if a data add-on or your data rollover takes you beyond the 30GB limit while abroad you will incur the £3 per GB charge if used.

You would need to pay for any additional data you wish to use once you have used your 30GB.

Regards,

Kash

Unfortunately your message did not solve the issue. I filed a complaint and waiting for someone to come back to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tuscan72 

Okay, I’d recommend keeping an eye out for a response from the complaints team.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?