Question

Annual increase

• 6 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently signed up with id mobile as I was interested in their deal and in the email I got sent it said no annual price increase. 

After I signed up I then got another email saying that I would in fact have the monthly price increased each April. 

I was a little bit shocked so I contacted id on the chat and they did indeed confirm that I would get an annual increase.

As I was in the cooling off period I immediately canceled as I felt I had been mis sold. 

My question is why do they sell it as no annual increase but when it comes down to it, this is false. Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick? 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What did the iD Mobile terms & conditions, agreed at the point-of-purchase, say about annual price increases, @Chris528

Based on my experience with an iD SIM only contract, iD waived the annual price increase at each anniversary.

Thanks for your reply, It did not mention anything about price increases at the point if purchase, or in the contract. However it does explicitly state it will be subject to annual increase in the welcome email, and this was confirmed by an agent.

Difficult to get any clarification on it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems the online iD chat advisors might be poorly trained, @Chris528.

The iD Mobile contract terms & conditions state CPI is only applied to handset contracts, as follows:

Your iD 24-month SIM only plan wouldn’t attract an annual CPI uplift.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris528,

Welcome to the Community!

It seems that you purchased a SIM only contract so CPI wouldn’t apply.

The Welcome email is a generic email that would be sent out.

Information for CPI/RPI for 2024 will be posted soon on the website.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?