Question

Assistance Required Please

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi - I have just used a PAC code to retain my old phone number when switching from EE to a SIM only deal with ID mobile.

Since the switch - calls and text messages from iphones are working, but messages from any other device are not working. I am not receiving messages from websites like gov.uk when it sends a security code. 

When I go into the phone:

Settings > Messages > (iMessage is on) Send & Receive > it shows the number that ID Mobile provided instead of my old, permanent number that is now back in use following the PAC code switch. 

Can anyone help please? Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael J,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you try the below steps.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash

Hi Kash -

Thank you for trying to help me. I spoke to to Apple about this. 

The issue is that they say my carrier is not providing me with an International Plan and therefore the iMessage activation will not work. 

I cannot send/receive text messages from my phone number until this is resolved. Can I speak to anyone at ID Mobile about this?

Thank you, 

Or alternatively, please can ID Mobile look at this issue - why have I not been provided with an international plan?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Or alternatively, please can ID Mobile look at this issue - why have I not been provided with an international plan?

In the UK, the Apple iMessage activation number is a local 07 mobile number, @Michael J

A couple of methods may solve the issue: 

• Perform a NETWORK RESET on your iPhone, as detailed in the iOS user manual.
  • Otherwise, turn your iPhone OFF before you go to bed and remove the SIM card. Next day, pop the SIM card back in and restart your iPhone.

🍀

thanks - @andewhite  - i have already done both of these without any success unfortunately. I am so disappointed. i maye just have to cut my losses and go to another provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael J,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?