Solved

AWFUL signal and connection on new contract

• 27 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve just joined iD from EE on a new 24 month contract which I was really pleased with as it was a a bargain and I like the handset.
But I went out for the day today and it’s been an absolute nightmare. In the CENTRE of london !(!!)  I couldn’t get any connection, couldn’t check my maps, WhatsApp messages not going through instantly like they always used to add even texts not going through. I have never ever had these problems on other providers. Never in a million years did I think I’d have reception issues in london. 
Now I’m looking at the forum and seeing that this is a common problem and that I could get stuck for 2 years with these problems (as I see from other posts ID does not fix, or take responsibility for this poor service), I’m thinking it’s critical that I use the 14 day return period to end the contract. The problem for me now is that I’ve moved my phone number across and set up the handset with all my content. 
what should I do? I welcome advice. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 27 June 2023, 08:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If the service is not good where you are then cancel under the cooling off period.

See: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

I can’t even get through to live chat to talk to someone. Everyone I try the link it goes to a dead end. It’s just incredible they are not closed down by the authorities

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Live chat is working just fine for me. You can return any iD Mobile purchase to any Currys store. Please do this within 14 days, bringing proof of purchase with you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @spacecandi 

Please let us know if you need assistance with anything here so we can get in touch should you want to return.

We’d always recommend checking the iD Mobile coverage and outage checker for any outages that may be in your area.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

Tom

Why iD Mobile?