Solved

Been asked to call iD Mobile re: new order.

• 12 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I placed an order for a phone yesterday and received an email today saying [iD Mobile] still need to speak to me about my order, then I got an email straight after that with my contract summary and info (which I then confirmed to have read and agreed). I tried calling the number given to me but hung up after waiting over half an hour on the line; there was no advising what number in the queue I was in - it wasn’t much incentive to stay on the line and I’m quite busy.

Does this sound like I’m going to be turned down for the contract then? FWIW I have good credit rating, nothing untoward on my report. So a bit confused by all this. Hopefully someone here can advise.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 October 2022, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What was the number you were told to call?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

Does this sound like I’m going to be turned down for the contract then? FWIW I have good credit rating, nothing untoward on my report. So a bit confused by all this. Hopefully someone here can advise.

Many thanks.

Maybe not @LilzDad73 - sometimes it’s just a few minor details iD want to check.

You’ve got another topic (recently created) about a phone order being your second iD account.
FYI, iD have some odd rules about multiple accounts, so maybe iD are checking this.

Anyway, probably a good idea to contact the iD sales team on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours - though it’s a busy line, and good luck.

Userlevel 2

What was the number you were told to call?

Hi Paul,

The number was 0207 1391 397.

👍🏻

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Many thanks.

Maybe not @LilzDad73 - sometimes it’s just a few minor details iD want to check.

You’ve got another topic (recently created) about a phone order being your second iD account.
FYI, iD have some odd rules about multiple accounts, so maybe iD are checking this.

Anyway, probably a good idea to contact the iD sales team on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours - though it’s a busy line, and good luck.

Thanks Ande, I’m hoping it’s nothing serious, and as you say perhaps it’s to do with already having a phone in contract. Kinda looking forward to the phone upgrade though, so will attempt to call them again later today ;)

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Many thanks.

Maybe not @LilzDad73 - sometimes it’s just a few minor details iD want to check.

Was able to chat with someone today (nice guy) who steered me right. The issue turned out to be the deposit/initial down payment didn’t go through with my bank for some reason. Problem solved though, as they were able to take payment with my debit card (my account is in great shape so a bit strange!) but I suppose these things happen. However, now I’ve got Carphone Warehouse wanting to get in touch about my phone ‘upgrade’, so I’ll have to explain that it’s a new purchase and not an upgrade. Hopefully that will get things moving along xD

Why iD Mobile?