Solved

Bill increase due to payment date change

Userlevel 1

My contract is meant to be £39.99 per month, but this month’s bill (my second) was £51.83.  I can only assume that this is because I changed the payment date to the 1st of the month.  My query though is re the payment period.  My first bill was from 9th March to 8th April and was for £39.99; my second bill was from 9th April to 17th May and was for £51.83, so clearly the increase is due to the longer payment period.  So I get that.  My next bill is due on 1st June and will be back to £39.99 - can someone tell me what payment period this will be for, as I don’t want to end up having to pay for the same payment period twice?!

Also, I would add that if there was a customer service number you could call to actually speak to someone over the phone, that would make things a lot easier!

icon

Best answer by Lauren 8 May 2023, 17:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline - their help & support is 100% online. 

The iD community is the slowest way of interacting with iD support, because staff only read users posts once daily, sometimes less frequently.

Other options are iD online live chat, or ‘talk’ to iD customer support team on Facebook or Twitter - contact them privately using Facebook Messenger, or a Twitter direct message.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I have sent a message on Facebook.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Claire Eve. You won’t pay for the same billing period twice. When you change your direct debit date, the change always reflects the following month. This means that your billing period is longer as a one off after the change has been made. 

I’ve left a link below that gives further information on this.

Direct Debit | iD Mobile Network

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Why iD Mobile?