Solved

Calling from EU

Userlevel 1

I'm in Portugal and my phone has stopped.  I used it last week and the local network signal is good.  I appear to have credit.  Now when I try to call both UK and Portuguese numbers, a message says "Not registered on network".  Why isn't my phone working?  I am extremely non-techy so I have no idea what's going on.

icon

Best answer by Stickyfingers 10 May 2022, 18:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Stickyfingers, sounds like there may be an issue with the network in the area where you are. If that’s the case, there’s not a great deal we can do, unfortunately.

You could try the following, though:

• Turn your phone off, remove the SIM, wait 15 minutes and try again
  • Ensure the ‘International’ and ‘Roaming’ features are enabled on your iD Mobile account
  • Perform a network reset - just Google “network reset” + the make and model of your phone for instructions
  • Check the iD Mobile app to ensure your services haven’t been restricted (due to an unpaid bill, for example)

If you’re still having trouble after all that, I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams for further assistance.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply. I actually managed to get hold of someone on the Idmobile live chat who was very helpful.  My phone was 'on' for automatically picking up a local network, and had been working ok, but then it lost the network for some reason, and I could not take it off automatic.

The agent told me to turn the phone off and on again and go back into the network selection in settings.  I did that and the two networks supported by Idmobile were listed so I clicked on one and got re-connected.  So simple, when you know how!  

Hope this helps if anyone else has the same problem.

Why iD Mobile?