Question

Calls diverted to iDMobile not going to voicemail

• 24 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a call diversion set up from my work mobile to my personal mobile. When anyone calls and is diverted and I don’t answer they used to be able to leave a message on my personal phone answerphone (on my old provider)

Now they get a ‘you are unable to leave a message, goodbye’ message.

The answerphone works fine when anyone rings my personal mobile directly.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kevin Jones, are you referring to the iD Mobile voicemail service, or a packaged answer-phone service from a third-party?

Userlevel 1

iD mobile voicemail.

If anyone calls my iD mobile phone directly, the answerphone works fine.

The problem is if anyone calls my other phone (which is set up to divert to my iD mobile) they get a message  saying ‘I’m afraid you can’t leave a message. Goodbye’

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD mobile voicemail.

If anyone calls my iD mobile phone directly, the answerphone works fine.

The problem is if anyone calls my other phone (which is set up to divert to my iD mobile) they get a message  saying ‘I’m afraid you can’t leave a message. Goodbye’

What network does your other phone use, and what type of call forwarding did you set-up - forward all; if busy; if no answer; if unreachable?

Userlevel 1

Other phone is on the EE network -  ‘Forward all’ was set up.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kevin Jones, I’m assuming you’ve recently joined iD and switched your number to iD.

Did you cancel “Forward all” on your EE phone after switching your mobile number to iD Mobile?

You might need to cancel the “Forward all” on your EE handset, and then set-up it up again.

The mobile network routing from EE to your personal phone will’ve changed if you switched your mobile number to iD - did you also get a new handset from iD?

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks, I’ll try that. I didn’t cancel the call forwarding.

I only switched mobile provider though, I kept the same phones.

Weirdly, calls still are forwarded fine. And anyone who is forwarded gets through to the voicemail, but they are told they can’t leave a message.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, okay @Kevin Jones.

Mobile operators use a variety of unique codes to deliver services relevant to specific subscribers. Switching to iD means your new IMSI and ICCID could be causing something unexpected to happen.

The voice used to record the default messages in the Three UK voicemail system is quite easy to  recognise - do you recognise the “You are unable to leave a message, goodbye” as being from Three UK’s voicemail system?

Userlevel 1

Yes, it’s that. There is a female voice who says the first bit, then a male voice says ‘goodbye’

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Umm, this could be tricky for you to resolve @Kevin Jones.

iD use Three UK voicemail system - problem being iD are under-resourced for technical support, and voicemail issues would go to iD technical initially, then onto to Three UK technical support, via an internal ticket.

In my experience this process often doesn’t work properly.
iD spent months looking into an issue I had when calling one specific 0345 customer service helpline. The issue was never resolved, and when I switched to another service provider the problem just disappeared.

Anyway, good luck @Kevin Jones.

Why iD Mobile?