Question

Can I have my new phone delivered to my nearest Currys store?

• 10 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I.m nearly due for an upgrade on my current 24 month contract. I have moved house recently...and all the mail for the entire building goes through a single communal letterbox. Everyone has access to the mail, but an honour/trust system is in place. I haven’t had any issues with mail thus far, but I’m slightly concerned that a brand-new mobile phone could prove too tempting for a would-be thief. I feel the same way about the phone being delivered by courier - anyone can answer the communal door and say they live at ‘XYZ’.

So, I was wondering if I could have my new phone delivered to my local Currys store...and collect it from there.

Thanks.

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you purchase your new phone through Carphone Warehouse, they have a “Click and Collect” delivery option during the checkout, for delivery to a Currys store. 

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/click-and-collect

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EyeDeeMowBile,

Welcome to the Community!

You can’t have the order delivered to a Curry’s store when you purchase online.

However once you have made the purchase you can get in touch with our Social Media Team or Live Chat to request the delivery address change to a Curry’s store.

Kash

Userlevel 1

If you purchase your new phone through Carphone Warehouse, they have a “Click and Collect” delivery option during the checkout, for delivery to a Currys store. 

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/click-and-collect

Thanks for your reply @andewhite . Unfortunately, I purchased my contract online.

Userlevel 1

Hi @EyeDeeMowBile,

Welcome to the Community!

You can’t have the order delivered to a Curry’s store when you purchase online.

However once you have made the purchase you can get in touch with our Social Media Team or Live Chat to request the delivery address change to a Curry’s store.

Kash

Thanks for your reply @Kash. How long after ordering, do I have to get in touch, to change the delivery address? From recent experience, I’ve found that getting in touch with someone at ID can take anything from a few hours, to a few days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d guess you’d need to do this before the order is dispatched @EyeDeeMowBile

I’d advise against using this forum for communicating with iD customer service, whenever time is of the essence - maybe try Facebook Messenger, an X (Twitter) DM, or the online iD Live Chat instead.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again @andewhite

I’ll probably do a ‘dummy run’ beforehand, to see which social media team responds quickest…or even has the ability to do it. Would be pointless to leave it until the actual day, only to be told “We don’t have the authority to change the delivery address once the order has been placed.” - or something along those lines. 

At least there’s a glimmer of hope that it can be done…time will tell. 

Have a pleasant night. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EyeDeeMowBile,

As @andewhite advised, it may be best contact us via Social Media so that we can ensure that this is done in a timely manner.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash. Thanks again for your reply. 

Unfortunately, you haven’t really answered my question. 

Let’s say I order my new handset at 9am on a Monday, how long do I have before it’s too late to change the delivery address? This whole rigmarole is pointless if the cut-off point to change the delivery address is a few minutes after ordering.

If I contact the social media team at 9.01am on Monday, but they don’t reply until Monday afternoon, or even Tuesday…what’s the point?

If you’re unable to give me a definitive answer, that’s fine, I’ll probably move to another network and pick something up from one of their stores in-person, as I’m not willing to take the risk with the delivery…and then have to go to hell and back with ID and DPD. Totally not worth it  

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@EyeDeeMowBile,

Our social media team reply within 1 hour of messaging between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5.30pm on Weekends.

If you order at 9am on Monday, the team can set a reminder for the address to be updated once it’s with DPD.

The team will then request the delivery to be changed to a Curry’s store and it should be delivered the following day.

Kash

Userlevel 1

OK. So I’m probably going to leave this forum, because none of you know ‘Diddly-squat’!

Update: it turns out that when your phone is ‘out for delivery’ with DPD, you can divert it to a designated ‘pick-up point’…which is usually an Argos or similar. 

It’s kind of embarrassing, (on ID’s part), that nobody from ID knew this…and due to that, I won’t be asking any future questions in this forum, as it’s clearly going to be down to pure luck whether or not I get an answer…and even then, the answer will most likely be totally wrong. 

I personally believe that something like this, should be common knowledge within ID staff - and as it isn’t, it just shows where the ‘care’ stops…make the phone sale, them fob them off. 

But I bet if you owe ID money, EVERY employee knows the procedure to chase it up. 

What a waste of time and energy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @EyeDeeMowBile 

Sorry you feel that way, the pick up point feature is completely on DPD’s side, that wouldn’t be anything to do with our systems at all, as we aren’t DPD we couldn’t comment or rely on that feature existing. If it does exist and work, that is all the better for the people who want that option.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?