Solved

Can i trade a functional s9 with a broken screen?

• 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I'm keen on getting a new Samsung s24 ultra.

There are few offers included. Among those is the £125 trade in (regardless status?).

The T&C says this include non working devices. Mine got a damaged screen not allowing a section to be visible, but apart from that abs cosmetic damages, it is working alright.

When I select the device to include in the trade in section. It wouldn't allow me to select "damaged", so I can't request the trade?

Even if I don't get anything for the device itself, I should still be able to apply for the £125 promotion, right ? 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 13 February 2024, 12:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The terms & conditions say this:

'Non-Working Device' means a Device that is not fully functional (e.g. does not power up, has a damaged screen, case or buttons, or has water damage) but includes a battery, has all its parts, is not crushed or bent, has no missing components and is not subject to any previously agreed trade-in arrangement, and for either the Working Device or Non-Working Device:

So your device should be eligible for the £125 promo. You need to complete the following form after purchase:

https://currys.secure-mobiles.com/embeddedforms/v1/product/trade-in-promo

Thanks, unfortunately, the phone was rooted at some point and that does seems to make it not eligible... Despite what T&Cs specify

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Does the phone power up? Any reason why you cannot flash the stock firmware back to the device? By doing this the device would be returned back to how it was when it left the factory. No need to mention that it was rooted unless of course it’s a SAMSUNG. Rooting a Samsung triggers Knox!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JuanMa Valiño Sanchez,

Welcome to the Community!

As per the terms:

All Trade in values will be paid via BACS transfer. Offer not available in conjunction with any other offer. If the device is bent, broken into pieces or any of the internal parts are showing, it is classed as 'Beyond Economic Repair' or BER. A device that is BER or has ZERO value cannot be traded in. See full Terms & Conditions here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?