Solved

Can I use my husband's bank account for my direct debit?

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My husband and I both have a Barclays account with blue rewards. This means we need to pay in a certain amount each month and have a minimum number of direct debits to retain the rewards and benefits like their Rainy Day Saver.

I already have the required number of direct debits and I recently cancelled the vehicle tax direct debit that comes from my husbands account as it's no longer required due to getting a new electric car. So I need to replace a direct debit in his account.

When I took out the contract with ID Mobile, I had to set up the direct debit in my own name. I am now able to change the bank details in my ID account.

My question is, can I change the direct debit to my husbands bank account, or does the payment always have to come from an account in my own name?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 29 June 2023, 08:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Going from previous posts on here, the Direct Debit details must match that of the account holder and billing information on the iD Account. So, no, you cannot use your husband's bank account. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps setup a small monthly direct debit to a charitable cause from your spouse's Barclays account @Laura900 - that way your can keep the blue rewards benefits and maybe help some others.

Userlevel 1

Perhaps setup a small monthly direct debit to a charitable cause from your spouse's Barclays account @Laura900 - that way your can keep the blue rewards benefits and maybe help some others.

Good idea, I may just do something like that instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura900 

It’s worth trying in the iD Mobile app, you’ll be able to change direct debit details there, however should there be any issues you may need to use an account in the same name as the account holder themselves.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?