Question

Can't access OTP messages

• 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I just switched from Vodafone and I'm not getting important OTP text messages or verification codes that I have requested. I tried removing sim card, switching my phone on and off. I’ve been in touch with ID Helpdesk and everything they suggested hasn’t worked. Phone calls and ordinary text messages appear to be ok. I have Apple iPhone 11. Please can anyone help. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How long has your iPhone been OFF, with the SIM removed?

Have you tried a network reset?

Other customers, new to iD, porting/switching from Vodafone to iD have found everything was okay 24-48 hours after the port completed.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Louinthesunshine 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you getting any OTP codes or is it all OTP codes you’re not getting to your new SIM?

Tom

Hi, I’ve tried a network reset and still nothing.

I’m not getting any OTP codes or verification codes from numbers sources. ID mobile have been working on it for the past week but there hasn’t been any progress. I’m not sure what to do next other than cancel my contract and go back to my old provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Louinthesunshine 

Okay, I’d recommend getting in contact with us directly so we can investigate, which it sounds like you are already doing, I hope we can find the issue and resolve it for you.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?