Question

Can't call UK numbers from USA

• 3 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I am in the USA. Data roaming is on, I’m no where near my cap. It appears that while I can make calls to USA numbers +1…, I can NOT make calls to UK numbers +44…

I’ve tried using both AT&T (which ends my calls instantly), and T-mobile, which tries but fails to make a connection and then tells me it is unable to connect. I’ve tried forcing network connections to 3G or 4G. I’ve tried with wi-fi calling on and off. None of these permutations succeeds.

I hope someone can help. I really need this because I am with my wife, who has an identical Pixel 6a and ID mobile account and we’d like to be able to communicate when we are doing different things. But just to be clear I’ve also tried ringing a UK landline number and that also won’t go through.

Thanks

Steve

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

PS I can send an ordinary SMS text to a UK number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you and your wife are in the USA together, and you cannot call your wife’s iD Mobile, it might be because the bill cap on your wife’s iD account is £0 or too low.

Thanks for the reply andewhite. Unfortunately, as I described in my question, we CAN call a +1 number (and see the charge on our accounts). We both have more than 25 pounds left on our caps. Our “Services” pages show that we have Roaming, International, and Premium all “ON”.

So unless a call back to the UK costs 20+ pounds, the problem lies elsewhere.

If anyone knows how to contact some tech person within IDMobile that would be helpful, rather than relying on the goodwill of the community. A +44 tech support number won’t work for obvious reasons, not that I’ve found one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @steveschwartz54 

Please note that while posting on the public community site our tech team won’t be directly responding, this public forum is so that other users can suggest and help each other, @andewhite being a very helpful member here.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?