Solved

Can't Keep Old Number?

• 10 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I got a new phone through Carphone Warehouse, and selected that I wanted to keep my old number. I ended the PAC code etc, and all seemed to be fine. But now I have my iD SIM (due to switch on tomorrow), I’ve been sent a new phone number which I didn’t want.

I’ve tried to follow the steps in the email, but I keep getting an error: “We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.” I have tried to format my surname with all caps/no caps etc, but nothing worked. When I contacted support, all they said was to get a new PAC number, but my old provider (Virgin) is just giving me the same one. Is there a fix for this? I do not want a new number.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 April 2023, 14:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

ID should not be telling you to get a new PAC as that's impossible as virgin gave you the PAC details and that PAC is valid for 30 days and cannot be regenerated,I had the same message but like you when I put my surname in all caps it fixed the issue,is the transaction number correct?

@trioceros 

Got the same exact issue as your’s. 
When I initially asked for a switch while ordering an ID Sim and provided my PAC, I chose to make the switch on a certain date; that is tomorrow. 
Now I’ve activated the new Sim today and retrying to order the switch, keep getting the same error. 
I am wondering if this may be due to duplicate requests and hoping initial request will be executed tomorrow anyway. 
Let’s see what happens! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

As @mitts mentioned, a PAC is valid for 30-days and can only be used once @Ahmed Hafez.

You should receive an email and SMS with the date your number is due to transfer to iD Mobile.
Your number should be transferred at some point before 10pm.

Number switching does not happen immediately @Ahmed Hafez
When I switched to iD, I had no service for around 5-hours between my old provider’s SIM becoming inactive, and the number I wanted to keep becoming active with my iD SIM.

🍀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @trioceros  and @Ahmed Hafez 

Please note, the iD SIM is always connected with a UK Mobile number.

This would be the temporary number.

If you chose to bring your number over, this still happens on the date you wanted it to switch over for and this temporary number would be replaced.

Mohammed

Thank you,

The switch over happened at the pre-selected date, so re-requesting the switch once sim is in the phone wasn’t needed after all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ahmed Hafez,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that you issue is resolved but if you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?