Question

Can't register

• 22 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve spent 3 days trying to register an account for the ID mobile app, but it keeps on saying my details are incorrect but that can’t be true since I know my date of birth and last name.

I have tried the phone number given and the one that hasn’t been ported yet but nothing works. line is active though.

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you ever been with iD Mobile before, @Gizmothecat?

If you’re a returning customer, you can’t register by using the username (email address) used previously.

Userlevel 1

Nope

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a hyphenated surname, omitting the hyphen can sometimes help. 

Are you doing this online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk - using a web browser - or using the iD app on your mobile device?

Userlevel 1

I tried both and neither works. My Surname is a simple 5 letter word, nothing fancy in it. I tried both numbers, no joy

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When was your number transferred to iD Mobile, @Gizmothecat

If it was today or late last week, then it could be worthwhile waiting a few more days. The online systems sometimes seem to take 24-48 hours or more to sync with back-office IT systems. 

When I joined iD, I also had problems registering. 
I kept trying once or twice a day, over a few days, and was eventually successful.

🤞

Userlevel 1

The port is due on the 26th, so nothing yet ported. SIM works on the number given.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Gizmothecat, in that case I’d recommend waiting until after the number you’re keeping has been successfully transferred over to iD Mobile.

Your switch should be completed by this Friday evening, so I suggest waiting until Sunday or even next Monday, before trying to register. 

Userlevel 1

ok, thanks

I too can’t put my details in. They are correct, but aren’t accepted when I click ‘submit’. Have done this at least 10 times. I have been using iD mobile for weeks but just can’t register, so don’t know when I’m getting voicemails. Help!

My number’s been successfully transferred, can call out and receive calls, but can’t register. It’s driving me mad - am missing NHS appointments because of it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Helbhat,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you advise what happens when you register at the link below?

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

If you could please provide a screenshot of the error we can advise further and PM you if required.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?